Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: insert drum IRC 2880i

Quote Originally Posted by Nutstar View Post
    sorry I can't give that stuff out, I get them directly from SIMS but that's the cannon engineer support site, if you don't have access to that then you'll need to contact a canon dealer or canon direct, no idea how you'd go about it from there really.

It's like I said earlier!!!!

Bundy, I can't remember asking the Disney or Vegas representative for advice, so please don't waste my time interfering

calle

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    insert drum IRC 2880i

Quote Originally Posted by calle View Post
    Bundy, I can't remember asking the Disney or Vegas representative for advice, so please don't waste my time interfering

calle
    ================================================
    Identifying a New/Old Drum Unit
    This device does not have memory in the drum unit so, when a new drum is mounted, the drum life counter value stored in the printed needs to be reset.
    The device detects old and new drum units, so that the counter can be reset.
    The detection is performed by the DC controller CPU monitoring the fuse detection signal.
    When the CPU detects that a new drum unit has been mounted, it outputs a fusing signal and blows the fuse on the drum unit. At the same time, the drum life counter resets to 0.

Do not replace drum units with new ones unnecessarily, in order to check function operations during service, etc. The device blows the drum fuse as soon as it detects a new drum unit and resets the drum life counter to 0.
    Even if the old drum unit is replaced immediately, the drum life counter will increment as a new drum unit.

Service Mode:
    COPIER > FUNCTION > INSTALL > AINR-OFF
    Invalidates drum initialization that is performed when a new drum unit is installed. Also, the fuse is not blown, as it would usually be after drum initialization is completed.

This mode would be used to replace a drum unit temporarily in order to check image quality, for example when trying to trace the cause of a problem.
    0: Initialization carried out for new unit. Fuse blown. (Default)
    1: No initialization for new unit. Fuse not blown.

Further, this service mode should be set to [1] only when necessary for service. After the service is complete, the setting must always be returned to [0].
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1---what is the firmware version ?/ especially DCon
    To print out all of the Service Mode settings and firmware versions on the copier:
    1. Enter Service Mode by hitting Additional Functions *key, #2 and #8 key together, then Additional Functions *key.
    2. Select Copier.
    3. Press Functions.
    4. Hit MISC-P.
    5. Select P-PRINT and hit OK.
    6. A Copy Service Report will print out containing the Service Mode settings and Firmware Versions for the copier.

2---what was your inspection/checking procedures ?
    3---the ITB UNIT on this series causes this false message & many more headache issues ? (age) (lock down) (dirty or damage connections)
    4---is the M1 - the Drum / IT drive motor turning ?
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**