Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Canon ImageRunner Advance 2225 Ghost images on every other copy approximately

Hi guys!
    I have a church that when printing, a ghost image of the pictures and sometimes a line item has a trailing image.
    A copy from the platen also does the same thing.
    I performed a cleaning diagnostic adj and works for a couple of copies. The total count is 40,000 so I do not think a drum is needed.....any ideas?
    Thank you
    Doug

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: Canon ImageRunner Advance 2225 Ghost images on every other copy approximately

ITB cleaning, drum or fuser. ITB cleaning would be "clean inside main unit" if you run that and still get the ghosting then I'm pointing at drum or fuser.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Canon ImageRunner Advance 2225 Ghost images on every other copy approximately

Quote Originally Posted by northernlife View Post
    ITB cleaning, drum or fuser. ITB cleaning would be "clean inside main unit" if you run that and still get the ghosting then I'm pointing at drum or fuser.
    Very good sir, I will let you know the results, as I have this call first thing tomorrow morning.
    I guess the black drum unit would probably be the most used and should be replaced if the drum or fuser is not the problem.
    Thank you
    Doug

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by doug View Post
    Very good sir, I will let you know the results, as I have this call first thing tomorrow morning.
    I guess the black drum unit would probably be the most used and should be replaced if the drum or fuser is not the problem.
    Thank you
    Doug
    Most likely the Drum - they are rated at 36K but most times flat out getting 25K.
    Pull the Drum Unit out & if coated with toner then replace.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts onlyinnewfoundland's Avatar

There was a tech pub where they wanted service techs to change the auxiliary upstream bias on the cleaning brush in these drum units.

I will look for it, but Teckat probably is right behind me about to post it.

I have had mixed success.

Mostly, these drum units are shit.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by onlyinnewfoundland View Post
    There was a tech pub where they wanted service techs to change the auxiliary upstream bias on the cleaning brush in these drum units.

I will look for it, but Teckat probably is right behind me about to post it.

I have had mixed success.

Mostly, these drum units are shit.
    Thank you for the reply, and I happen to agree with you about these drum units!
    I am going to be replacing the black drum this week and I will let you know if this works.
    Thank you,
    Doug

Service Manager 250+ Posts

I might have a go at refurbishing one of these drums, see if it is possible

V

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Rachid.Akli's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by doug View Post
    Thank you for the reply, and I happen to agree with you about these drum units!
    I am going to be replacing the black drum this week and I will let you know if this works.
    Thank you,
    Doug
    Hi to all of you,

You can have a precise idea on the drum to be replaced.
    Service mode > Counter > LF.
    Replace all the drums that are over 100%.
    Clean the laser (inside and outside) to avoid E020 error code.

Rachid.
    "Find a job you love and you’ll never have to work a day in your life." Nagy's father

Service Manager 250+ Posts

Yeah, I kind of think that the consensus is that these drums, the dreaded mk34 do not run consistently to the full life of what Canon are advertising them, I know before people start, coverage, other variables, space time continuum etc

I am going to do some experimenting, because I just love taking things apart to see how they work or fail

Will start at the cleaning assembly and see were it leads me, will keep you all updated out of interest, would like to know why they fail prematurely, I have had some go at 50% life, my record for a drum on these models is 234% of life on LF;

Same machine, same coverage, odd...

V

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Rachid.Akli's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vamoursly View Post

Will start at the cleaning assembly and see were it leads me,
    V
    Hello,
    There is no Drum Cleaner with this machine. This machine uses the 2 Auxiliary Brushes to control polar character of residual toner and the residual toner is collected to the Developing Assembly so that no Cleaner is used with this machine.

Rachid.

"Find a job you love and you’ll never have to work a day in your life." Nagy's father