Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Canon ImagePress C1 Waste Toner Container Question

I received the first warning of the waste toner container full (which I believe means it is at 80%) The service manual I have does not give the specific steps to empty/change it. I am wondering if I simply have to access it from the back of the machine, empty the bottle and reset the codes? (the 2 codes from the service manual that seem to need to be reset are):

12.2.5 After Replacing the Waste Toner Box 0014-0800
    1) Attach the new waste toner box onto the main body.
    2) Execute the service mode (waste toner counter clear: COPIER >
    COUNTER > MISC > WST-TNR) and set the waste toner counter value as '0'.

If you have replaced the waste toner, reset the reading in the following (in service mode): COPIER/FUNCTION/CLEAR/W_TN_CLR

Thanks

Last edited by victoryprinting; 04-19-2014 at 02:57 PM.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: Canon ImagePress C1 Waste Toner Container Question

I got this one figured out. Changing the waste toner is fairly easy. Remove the plastic corner panel at the rear of the machine and you can easily slide the waste toner container out. I emptied the waste toner into another container and put the old container back in.

The other setting in the service mode is:
    - Secondary transfer outside roller waste toner receptacle counter clear: COPIER > COUNTER > MISC > 2TC-BOX

So the service message is cleared and I have the assurance that the copier won't shut down in the middle of a big job. And I have saved another service call!

So far, the ImagePress C1 has been fairly easy to maintain - especially with the help of this site and the dedicated people who take the time to offer their expertise. Remember to throw a few bucks their way if you have saved a service call, or if you just want to be sure the site keep operating.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

[QUOTE=victoryprinting;413882]I received the first warning of the waste toner container full (which I believe means it is at 80%) The service manual I have does not give the specific steps to empty/change it. I am wondering if I simply have to access it from the back of the machine, empty the bottle and reset the codes? (the 2 codes from the service manual that seem to need to be reset are):

12.2.5 After Replacing the Waste Toner Box 0014-0800
    1) Attach the new waste toner box onto the main body.
    2) Execute the service mode (waste toner counter clear: COPIER >
    COUNTER > MISC > WST-TNR) and set the waste toner counter value as '0'.

If you have replaced the waste toner, reset the reading in the following (in service mode): COPIER/FUNCTION/CLEAR/W_TN_CLR

Thanks

------------------------------------------------
    Re-set the Waste Toner Full message---

clear the code in two areas,both in level 1:
    1)Copier>Function>Clear(page 2/2)>WAST-TNR
    2)Copier>Counter>Misc>2TC-BOX clear counter

*** Recycle copier after these service functions

I would not attempt to dump out that bottle/ can be a mess/ & block window / or cause a dent or a scratch on it,

Note: while u are at it> check the Small Waste Bottle under the Secondary Transfer Assembly.
    This assembly has to be removed to access the bottle. Two screws and two high voltage connectors need to be removed along with a cover to access the bottle. Could cause screw in the swing shaft coupler to break.
    (prevents a recall back)
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Many Thanks.

It was quite full, and I suspect that was the problem with the toner building on the gears and the cause of the toner that was under the secondary transfer assembly. NOTE TO SELF: Do not tip the assembly upside-down even when the cover has been removed, or you may end up cleaning more waste toner than you need to!

I appreciate your dedication to helping others solve their technical issues.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Cool Re: Canon ImagePress C1 Waste Toner Container Question

Quote Originally Posted by victoryprinting View Post
    Many Thanks.

It was quite full, and I suspect that was the problem with the toner building on the gears and the cause of the toner that was under the secondary transfer assembly. NOTE TO SELF: Do not tip the assembly upside-down even when the cover has been removed, or you may end up cleaning more waste toner than you need to!

I appreciate your dedication to helping others solve their technical issues.
    --___--
    Thanks for the kind words.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**