Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    CANON IR 1730/FEED ISSUES

HI,
    Bypass works fine,but cassette dosnt feed at all.Paper dosnt move out of tray as though rollers are not touching or turning.Is there way to view feed rollers during copy cycle?It is difficult to see anything.The separator roller(lower one)is spinning I was able to see that with cassette out of machine,I marked feed roller and did notice change in position of mark.Are there circumstances where tires are turning but they do not touch the paper on this machine? Any help or insight on machine would be welcomed.
    THANKS ANDY

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: CANON IR 1730/FEED ISSUES

Quote Originally Posted by cucuklotz View Post
    HI,
    Bypass works fine,but cassette dosnt feed at all.Paper dosnt move out of tray as though rollers are not touching or turning.Is there way to view feed rollers during copy cycle?It is difficult to see anything.The separator roller(lower one)is spinning I was able to see that with cassette out of machine,I marked feed roller and did notice change in position of mark.Are there circumstances where tires are turning but they do not touch the paper on this machine? Any help or insight on machine would be welcomed.
    THANKS ANDY
    =========================================
    is Cassette Paper Size Detection shown correct on Panel ?/
    Paper level inside the cassette is detected by the sensors===PS15,16,17
    on Control panel> what does it show ???/there are four indicator levels>
    100>50%
    50%>to 50 sheets
    50 sheets or less<
    no paper
    Paper Level.JPG

Presence of the cassette is detected when the size switch is pushed

Jam Code ?
    M9 Lifter Motor/ is paper lifting

Paper inside a cassette is lifted up by the Lifting Plate.
    When pickup takes place, the Cassette Pickup Solenoid (SL1) is turned ON so that the Pickup Roller is moved down. When the Pickup Roller comes in contact with the surface of paper, the paper is picked up by rotation of the roller.

Only a single paper picked up is moved to the feed path by the Feed Roller and the Separation Roller, and moved as far as the Registration Roller by the Vertical Path Roller.
    If the Cassette Pickup Sensor (PS13) is ON when starting pickup (in the case that the succeeding paper is also picked up when a paper is picked up and fed), the feed speed is decreased.
    The Vertical Path Roller, Pickup Roller, Feed Roller, and Separation Roller are driven by the Cassette Pickup Motor (M8).

Pickup Retry Control
    If the Pre-Registration Sensor (PS12) is not turned ON within a specified period of time after the start of pickup operation, operation of the Pickup Motor (M8) and the Cassette Pickup Solenoid (SL3) is suspended once, and the pickup operation is executed again.
    If the Pre- Registration Sensor (PS12) is not turned ON after re-pickup operation, a delay jam is notified.

Paper Detection Control
    After the Cassette Lifting Plate Detection Sensor (PS14) is turned ON, the Cassette Paper Sensor (PS15) detects presence/absence of paper. When the Cassette Paper Sensor (PS15) is ON, absence of paper is notified.
    In addition, if the Cassette Lifting Plate Detection Sensor (PS14) is not turned ON even raising the Lifter for 3 seconds, absence of paper is notified.

Lifter Control
    When Cassette is set

The Lifting Plate is raised until the Cassette Lifting Plate Detection Sensor (PS14) is turned ON.
    During pickup
    The behavior is determined in accordance with the detection when the Cassette Pickup Solenoid (SL3) is turned ON and the detection by the Cassette Lifting Plate Detection Sensor (PS14) executed 100msec. later.
    lift.JPG
    ================================================== ====================
    FUNCTION Test <(6) FUNCTION TEST>
    Press the numeric keypad key 6 on the test mode menu to select the function test.
    Press numeric keypad key
    #2=Sensor test Sensor actuation test

Sensor test (6-2: SENSOR)

This mode is used to verify the status of the unit sensors from the touch panel (LCD) indications.
    Press numeric keypad key 3 on the FUNCTION TEST menu to select the sensor test.
    To select a minor item, press the START key.
    The touch panel (LCD) indications change as the associated sensors turn on and off.

Service Mode > #TEST MODE

CST Cassette check
    SU: Cassette Pickup Sensor (PS13) 0: OFF, 1: ON

PE: Cassette Paper Sensor (PS15) 0: OFF, 1: ON

ZA: Cassette Paper Level Sensor A/B (PS16/PS17)
    (2 digits) Right: A, Left: B 0: OFF, 1: ON

S1: Cassette Size Detection Switch (SW2) 0: OFF, 1: ON (4 digits)

NA: Cassette Lifting Plate Sensor (PS14) 0: OFF, 1: ON
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Hi
    Thank you Teckat for informative reply and the hard work to post reply.I have another question(I will check out what you sent me,)
    If the machine goes into ready does it mean that it met all the qualifications mentioned in the information you posted?At the point of "machine ready"
    should have the machine already have all sensors in correct state? Can machine go into ready and yet the paper roller is not touching the paper in cassette?Can the lift position be wrong and still go into ready?I know these may be obvious questions to some,but I figure I will ask anyway.Im not trying to avoid doing the weork, but to save time.
    Thanks Andy

Hi
    Thank you Teckat for informative reply and the hard work to post reply.I have another question(I will check out what you sent me,)
    If the machine goes into ready does it mean that it met all the qualifications mentioned in the information you posted?At the point of "machine ready"
    should have the machine already have all sensors in correct state? Can machine go into ready and yet the paper roller is not touching the paper in cassette?Can the lift position be wrong and still go into ready?I know these may be obvious questions to some,but I figure I will ask anyway.Im not trying to avoid doing the weork, but to save time.
    Thanks Andy
    ================================================== =====

do u work on Canon ?

U adjust paper guide plate > u load paper> u push in cassette> paper lift then takes place> (now look on panel to see if correct paper size is indicated/and amount displayed or does it say load paper

When u press the start button>pickup then takes place, the Cassette Pickup Solenoid (SL1) is turned ON so that the Cassette Pickup Roller is moved down. When the Cassette Pickup Roller comes in contact with the surface of paper, the paper is picked up by rotation of the roller
    ================================================== ======================

Paper Size Detection Control

Paper size in a cassette is automatically detected by the "Cassette Size Switch". Paper size in a cassette is automatically detected by adjusting the Guide Plate position.
    By shifting the Guide Plate, concavo-convex area of the Cassette Size Dial is switched and the Cassette Size Switch at the printer side is switched. The switch consists of 4 microswitches, and length and width are detected in accordance with the combination of ON/OFF. As long as standard size paper, it can be used for both AB configuration and inch configuration. However, distinction between A5-R and STMT-R and between EXEC-R and 16K-R should be specified manually on the check screen.

1 -Check that the Cassette is correctly set. Check that the paper size is correctly specified. Check that the same symptom does not occur when replacing with a normal cassette.
    2 -Check that the Cassette Lifting Plate moves smoothly. Check for deformation.
    3 -Check hat the Side Guide Plate/Trailing Edge Guide Plate in the Cassette is correctly set.
    Check for operation of the Sensor/Clutch/Motor/Solenoid. Check for poor contact of the connector.
    (Check the power supply and signal transmission path with general circuit diagram)

I work on canon now.I will go back to customer tomm to check about things you told me.
    THANKS TECKAT.Not to seem more ignorant than I am already ,if it says load paper would the machine still go into READY.
    ANDY

I work on canon now.I will go back to customer tomm to check about things you told me.
    THANKS TECKAT.Not to seem more ignorant than I am already ,if it says load paper would the machine still go into READY.
    ANDY
    ------------------------------------------------
    NO/ U have only one cassette

if tray is loaded with paper & printer says load paper > u have a lift issue in tray

HI TECKAT.
    The machine goes into ready and I hear movement in tray as though rollers are turning,However paper does not budge from tray,not even a 1/4 inch .nothing.If I could see what is happening I would solve problem,Is there a way to see feed in tray as it goes thru cycle?
    THANK YOU ANDY

HI TECKAT.
    The machine goes into ready and I hear movement in tray as though rollers are turning,However paper does not budge from tray,not even a 1/4 inch .nothing.If I could see what is happening I would solve problem,Is there a way to see feed in tray as it goes thru cycle?
    THANK YOU ANDY
    U should be receiveing a jam code if paper does not pass out of tray
    Check those sensors i posted

Remove all paper_push in tray_see if printer shows no paper

HI,
    I ordered feed unit and replaced it.That took care of problem.
    THANKS ANDY

HI,
    I ordered feed unit and replaced it.That took care of problem.
    THANKS ANDY
    Mabey u can check that unit u pulled out somewhere ?