Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    tfranchise

Canon IRC5800 image adjustment

We are having a problem with the ADF on our machine. Anytime originals are placed short side first the copies are cut-off about 2 inches horizontally. When originals are placed long side first the copies are fine. I have scoured the service manual and cannot find a solution. Any help would be appreciated

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Canon IRC5800 image adjustment

The function that you're looking for is called Auto-Rotate.

The scanner identifies the orientation of the original then selects a matching paper orientation or rotates the image to match the paper orientation. Either Auto-Rotation is off, or your machine has been defaulted to a specific paper tray (instead of auto paper select).

I haven't seen any of the recent Canon's, so I can't offer specific keystrokes.

=^..^=

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

i'm losing it

i'll bet he is right, look in additional functions under common settings or copy settings cant remember which. turn auto orientation off and auto something, crud i cant remember. there are two of them to turn off in there. someone help me out here.

tfranchise
    The 2 settings I think you are refering to:

Auto Orientation

Image Orientation Priority

I have tried all combinations of on and off for those settings and still get the 2 inch image cut-off. Any other things that might be causing it?

Just thinking out loud here but it sounds as if the df is not detecting the size of the paper correctly .. maybe look at second paper length sensor or feed clutch???

I agree with Irish. One way to check what the feeder thought it fed is to go into service mode DF and it will tell you the size of the last sheet fed that it thought it was.

Rusty old cat

Thumbs up IR5800 problem

Sounds to me like you need to adjust the ADF stop position in ADJ XY ADF in service mode. Using horizontal and vertical terms are confusing. I like to use rotational and axial. X direction is usually rotational (around the drum) or paper feed direction. Hope this helps

tfranchise
    I will try all the suggestions. One more thing, when you load a legal or letter size short side first the copier asks to load 11x17, so i am assuming it is reading the wrong size. When I go into the service menu to verify the size it says "LDR".

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

sensor

i didn't look it up to see what model of doc feed was on it, i cant remember squat anymore and i dont try too.if that model doc feeder has a sensor window on the extended portion of the original doc feed tray its dirty. I have seen this sensor window get dust on it so it thinks it's 11 x 17. If it doesn't have one then oh well. I will look in the manual when i get a chance if it isn't resolved, and to make sure there is or isn't a sensor there. I'm a little confused as to which way the paper is actually being fed from your explanation so also check the width guide settings to see if that is ok. On some models you can do a width adjust in service mode where it does an auto adjust but you have to move the guides accordingly to the instructions. Also you never did say if it works on all sizes off glass ok.
    Last edited by yourownfree; 04-06-2008 at 06:17 AM. Reason: addition

tfranchise
    Sorry for the confusion. All copies made from the glass are correct. As for the feeding direction, when letter size documents are loaded vertically the copies are done correctly. When either letter, legal or mixed originals are loaded horizontally the copier recognises the paper as 11x17 and offsets the copies.
    Last edited by tfranchise; 04-07-2008 at 02:51 PM.