Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    markmos

Printing to IR105 from Windows with ImagePass M2 attached

I changed the IMG-CONT from 0 to 4, attached the M2 device (via crossover cable) and it connected and sent a test print successfully (a configuration page printed out).. but now how do I print to the ImagePass M2 from say a windows 7 PC... the IP address the imagepass has is 10 something, I need to configure it to use DHCP or at least let me specify an IP address ...

When the imagepass boots up it gives me an option to enter configuration however it is asking for a password I do not know (ir105 and ImagePass was donated to my company many years ago) ... I do not even know if this is the correct area to configure DHCP settings but if it is, is their a default password I can try or can someone lead me in the right direction so I can print from my PC's connected on the network..

Thanks a bunch

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts vigour's Avatar

Re: Printing to IR105 from Windows with ImagePass M2 attached

Fiery.1

markmos

Are you saying the default password I should type via a keyboard I plugin is Fiery or are you saying I can configure the device to use DHCP by installing Fiery?

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Printing to IR105 from Windows with ImagePass M2 attached

Quote Originally Posted by markmos View Post
    Are you saying the default password I should type via a keyboard I plugin is Fiery or are you saying I can configure the device to use DHCP by installing Fiery?
    -----------------------------------------
    Run Setup—Allows you to access the Setup options in order to configure the network and printing environment

Enter Run Set Up on the M2 Control Panel

Enter Fiery.1 using the Up and Down buttons on the M2 Control Panel

When the Setup Menu displays, configure Setup using the Configuration page you printed earlier.

IN ORDER>>>>>>>
    SERVER SET UP
    NETWORK SET UP
    PRINTER SET UP

When you set an IP address, subnet mask, or gateway address for the iR-M2 during Setup, you can allow the iR-M2 to get these addresses automatically from a DHCP or BOOTP server. First, turn on or restart the iR-M2 and allow it to reach Idle. Make sure the DHCP, or BOOTP server is running and then perform iR-M2 Setup.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

markmos

I got it working already but thank you very much anyway, I'm sure the configuration guide will come in handy. Thank you vigour for the password.