Technician

Canon IRA c5030 patch sensor value

The c5030 service manual states that the Patch Sensor Value: Copier > Display > Dens > Level 2 > P-LED-DA should be 3f or higher. The service manual appears to be wrong. I thought I might have a bad patch sensor on one my machines because it has intermittent E020 errors, but it turns out that all six units show a P-LED-DA value between 18 and 26, well below 3f. So I ran an experiment. I covered the openings on the patch sensor shutter with scotch tape, simulating a sticking shutter or very dirty sensors. After cycling power the P-LED-DA value had risen to 63. Without the tape the value on this machine is 20. So it appears that P-LED-DA should be 3f or LOWER.

I don't know how to go about informing Canon about this. Maybe someone out there can pass this on to Canon.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Canon IRA c5030 patch sensor value

Re: Canon IRA c5030 patch sensor value

Quote Originally Posted by mikejose View Post
    The c5030 service manual states that the Patch Sensor Value: Copier > Display > Dens > Level 2 > P-LED-DA should be 3f or higher. The service manual appears to be wrong. I thought I might have a bad patch sensor on one my machines because it has intermittent E020 errors, but it turns out that all six units show a P-LED-DA value between 18 and 26, well below 3f. So I ran an experiment. I covered the openings on the patch sensor shutter with scotch tape, simulating a sticking shutter or very dirty sensors. After cycling power the P-LED-DA value had risen to 63. Without the tape the value on this machine is 20. So it appears that P-LED-DA should be 3f or LOWER.

I don't know how to go about informing Canon about this. Maybe someone out there can pass this on to Canon.
    ---------------------------------------
    Don't believe all u read in a manual

A normal value is around 20

When replacing the Patch Sensor unit enter the new Alpha Value in service mode under COPIER > DENS > ALF-C and execute PT-LPADJ in service mode under COPIER > FUNCTION > MISC-P to adjust the Patch Sensor light intensity accordingly.

Must> After cleaning the sensors and also the white shutters, enter service mode and perform COPIER > FUNC > PT-LPADJ, then perform an auto gradation.

The Patch Sensor LED light intensity is displayed in service mode level 2 at COPIER > DISPLAY >DENS > P-LED-DA
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**