Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    iR105 error E069

iR105 error E069

Please any one let me know,
    is it possible to this error without replacing the Transfer/Separation Assembly?
    Thank you all!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    You could clean up charger, restring corona's but real problem may be iron filings from fuser bearings. This causes e069 codes (fuser bias problem). If charger doesn't fix problem take out fuser and repl bearings (check pressure, may be too much causing wear on bearings)Blow off fuser especially at the back.

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by songela View Post
    Please any one let me know,
    is it possible to this error without replacing the Transfer/Separation Assembly?
    Thank you all!

First clean your and replace all your corona wires . cuz that just good hygene. Once you have done this reach behind the tranfer /sep unit and find the bias connector for the fuser unit . Now snap it off and unplug the bias wire and tuck that under the cover and throw the connector in the trash or save it and recycle all that copper.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

e069

just replace the transfer sep corona leave the bias alone i have had this many times on 8500s and real cure is to change the corona .once i have had the connector at rear knocked out of position tho

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

many things

t/s assy could be leaking high voltage because like they said its dirty. the bias connector gets toner build up on it and will cause this. you can measure between ground and bias terminal for fixing to see if it has any resistance, or you can disconnect it from the terminal as suggested, but dont break it, but tape it up and run a test. if it works then your problem is in the fixing section. make sure the bushings are installed correctly (which side is in and out) and should be in good shape and that the bias spacer is new and not cracked, bearings should turn freely with no grinding feeling. Also check the corona wires, that they are resting in the proper slots etc.
    cleanliness as suggested.
    Last edited by yourownfree; 04-06-2008 at 06:35 AM. Reason: adition

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    iR105 error E069

Thumbs up

Thank you all guys,
    I applied ur suggetions and replced the bearings as well, the error is no more, just crossing my fingers to see how long it can last. Keep on your ranking high!