Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: irc3380i

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

irc3380i

Dear/CopyTechTeam,

i face a problem with IRC3380I that the screen of toner cartridges remainder show full but actually the cartriges not full

thanks
    akm

Service Manager 250+ Posts

Re: irc3380i

Toner detection can be found if you look in the SM for this model, personally I have never found the IRC model very accurate in being able to represent what is actually in the toner cartridge, I prefer to weigh them in my hand to judge how full they are;

I am sure teckat will be able to give you a more detailed explanation when he is online in his timezone.

V

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    irc3380i

there was a tech pub about this. Canon said that the user needs to actually cycle through the copier screen instructions for toner replacement when putting in a new toner. ONLY by doing this will you get an accurate read on the consumables screen. Of course the machine runs with sensors and would report low via sensor and out via sensor. The level on the screen is not that important and will never be close and just a guess if the procedure is not followed. ( there is no toner sensor in the actual container, that's why this is important )

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

correct, if toner never hits zero and the user doesn't follow the steps exactly it'll never clear.