Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Canon iR c5185 with imagePASS-H1 Banner Page Setup

I would like to setup a banner page that prints for each job. My xerox is very easy to setup but I can't seem to find it on the Canon.

Is it in the driver or do I have to set it in the printer?

Any help greatly appreciated

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Canon iR c5185 with imagePASS-H1 Banner Page Setup

Re: Canon iR c5185 with imagePASS-H1 Banner Page Setup

Quote Originally Posted by Digger View Post
    I would like to setup a banner page that prints for each job. My xerox is very easy to setup but I can't seem to find it on the Canon.

Is it in the driver or do I have to set it in the printer?

Any help greatly appreciated
    ______;
    Driver -;}

All imageRUNNER-iR Series, All Color imageRUNNER Series, All imagePRESS Series

Banner Page Option for the imageRUNNER Series Print Drivers

In the Canon PCL5e /6/ PS3 print drivers, there is an option to select a banner page, and the paper source you want to pull it from.

For this option you must have the follow driver versions or higher:

PCL5e Print Driver version 6.11 or higher
    PCL6 Print Driver version 4.11 or higher
    PS3 Print Driver version 2.10 or higher

In the Printing Preferences of the print driver, select the Finishing tab and click the Advanced Settings.

On this screen you can enable the banner page by selecting Auto, and select the paper source and/or paper type from the drop down list.

================================================== ==================

All imageRUNNER-iR Series

If a print job sent to the machine contains a Banner page the job will be processed as two separate jobs. Therefore, you should remember the following points when using the banner page setting.

1. When the job is displayed on the machine's Control display Panel or in the RUI utility software, the main document and the banner page will be displayed separately. If you cancel or change the order of the main document, the banner page will still be printed or may be mixed with other print jobs unless it is also canceled, or its order in the print queue is also changed.

2. If several print jobs are sent to the machine at once, the banner page associated with main document of a job may not be printed immediately after the job, but in a different order.

3. If you are using the impression count setting for Dept ID Management function, the banner page will not be counted as a page for the Dept. ID of the main document. It will be counted as a job with an unknown Dept. ID.

4. Even if the main document is a secured print job, protected by a password, the banner page will not be processed as a secured print job and is printed immediately when it reaches the top of the print queue.

5. If a print job is stored in a mailbox, the banner page will not be stored in the mailbox and will be printed.

Canon USA, Inc. Engineering Services & Solutions Division . It will be counted as a job with an unknown Dept. ID.

4. Even if the main document is a secured print job, protected by a password, the banner page will not be processed as a secured print job and is printed immediately when it reaches the top of the print queue.

5. If a print job is stored in a mailbox, the banner page will not be stored in the mailbox and will be printed.
    Last edited by teckat; 06-05-2014 at 09:09 PM.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**