Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Question Printing Issue with Canon iR3235

Hello all, I am working on a Canon ImageRunner 3235 that has a problem with printing. Whenever you send print job to the machine it will start up but never eject anything, but in the Job Log it will show the job with the Result NG (853). I've tried using different drivers, PCL6,5,5e, but to no avail. I've also tried updating the firmware and clearing the Main Controller. So my question is, has anyone here ever run into this type of issue and if so how did you manage to resolve it?

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Printing Issue with Canon iR3235

Re: Printing Issue with Canon iR3235

Quote Originally Posted by RoyROd View Post
    Hello all, I am working on a Canon ImageRunner 3235 that has a problem with printing. Whenever you send print job to the machine it will start up but never eject anything, but in the Job Log it will show the job with the Result NG (853). I've tried using different drivers, PCL6,5,5e, but to no avail. I've also tried updating the firmware and clearing the Main Controller. So my question is, has anyone here ever run into this type of issue and if so how did you manage to resolve it?
    --------------------------------------------

What print kits are installed ??

PCL Print Kit
    - AA1=Optional on the 3245/3235/3230/3225 models.

PS Print Kit- AA1=
    Note 1: Standard on the 3245i/3235i models and optional on the 3245/3235/3230/3225 models.
    Note 2: Requires the PCL Printer Kit-AA1.
    Note 3: Requires the Additional Memory Type A (512MB RAM).

USB Memory Connectivity Kit-A1=Requires the PS Printer Kit-AA1 or Direct Print Kit-F1 on the 3245/3235/3230/3225 models for the 'print from USB Memory Media' function.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Thumbs up Re: Printing Issue with Canon iR3235 RESOLVED

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    --------------------------------------------

What print kits are installed ??

PCL Print Kit
    - AA1=Optional on the 3245/3235/3230/3225 models.

PS Print Kit- AA1=
    Note 1: Standard on the 3245i/3235i models and optional on the 3245/3235/3230/3225 models.
    Note 2: Requires the PCL Printer Kit-AA1.
    Note 3: Requires the Additional Memory Type A (512MB RAM).

USB Memory Connectivity Kit-A1=Requires the PS Printer Kit-AA1 or Direct Print Kit-F1 on the 3245/3235/3230/3225 models for the 'print from USB Memory Media' function.

Thank you very much, the problem is the only print kit installed on the Canon is UFRII I've informed their IT and they will make the changes accordingly.

Printing or Sending a Fax from a Computer

• If you are using the imageRUNNER 3245/3235/3230/3225

• Optional equipment is unnecessary (If you want to use the UFR II printer driver)

• PCL Printer Kit, or Universal Send and PCL Print Package (If you want to use the PCL printer driver)

• PS Printer Kit (If you want to use the PS printer driver)
    • Sending a Fax (for a TCP/IP, NetBIOS, or NetWare network)

• need a Super G3 FAX Board

Sending Data
    Color Universal Send Kit, or Universal Send and PCL Print Package, for the imageRUNNER 3245/3235/3230/3225

Using E-Mail/I-Fax
    Color Universal Send Kit, or Universal Send and PCL Print Package, for the imageRUNNER 3245/3235/3230/3225

Switching the Scanner Online

Switching the scanner online enables communication with other devices on the network, and allows the scanner to receive data from the computer.

1. On the touch panel display, press ->.
    2. In the Scan screen, press [Online].

Overview of the imageRUNNER 3245/3245i/3235/3235i/3230/3225
    If you press [Send], the Send Basic Features screen appears. The Send function enables you to scan documents and send them to specified destinations via fax, e-mail, or I-fax, save them to a file server, or store them in an inbox to process them at a later date. You can also send documents to multiple destinations simultaneously using various sending methods, such as e-mail and I-fax.
    Depending on the installed or activated options, the Send Basic Features screen is displayed as follows:
    SEND.JPG

If only the Color Universal Send Kit (standard-equipped for the imageRUNNER 3245i/3235i) is activated, it is displayed as [Send].

SEND.JPG
    If only the fax board is installed, it is displayed as [Fax].

SEND.JPG
    If the Color Universal Send Kit (standard-equipped for the imageRUNNER 3245i/3235i) is activated and the fax board is installed, it is displayed as [Send].

Depending on the destination, the following conditions must be met:

• E-mail, I-fax, file server: The optional Color Universal Send Kit (standard-equipped for the imageRUNNER 3245i/3235i) is activated
    • Fax: The optional fax board is installed
    • Inbox: The optional Color Universal Send Kit (standard-equipped for the imageRUNNER 3245i/3235i) is activated or the optional fax board is installed

Quote Originally Posted by RoyROd View Post
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a Note on NG853

# 853
    Cause 1 =When trying to print a large number of pages, the job is not performed due to insufficient memory resources.
    Remedy 1 =Reduce the number of pages to print, or perform the print job again when no other jobs are reserved.

Cause 2 =The job could not be processed, because it was canceled from the printer driver while the print data was being sent to the machine.
    Remedy 2 =Try printing again.

Cause 3 =The spool memory is full when Use Spooler in Network Settings in System Settings (from the Additional Functions screen) is set to 'On', therefore, data received from the host could not be spooled.
    Remedy 3 =Set Use Spooler in Network Settings in System Settings (from the Additional Functions screen) to 'Off', and try sending the print data again.

Cause 4 =The maximum number of receivable data exceeds the receive limit.
    Remedy 4 =Try printing the documents again after all current jobs are complete. If you still cannot print, check the sent data.

Cause 5 =The number of secured documents exceeded the maximum limit that can be reserved at a time.
    Remedy 5 =Print or erase the secured documents that are stored in the machine, and try printing again.