Senior Tech 100+ Posts

IRADV C5045 Will not boot up

Got an IRADV C5045 that will not boot up. All I get is a screen with the so called sperm line that is only about a quarter to a third of the way
    along. I can't get it into diagnostics or download mode. I saw something close to this on another thread with slightly different symptoms.
    Someone said it sounded like a main controller 1 problem which makes sense. I reseated the dimms and the main controller one with no change.
    I tried a different HDD out of a good working machine and that didn't work. I will order a main controller. Just wanted to know if anyone has
    ran into this. I can't swap main controllers because the machines use different boards.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: IRADV C5045 Will not boot up

Quote Originally Posted by RHodg57 View Post
    Got an IRADV C5045 that will not boot up. All I get is a screen with the so called sperm line that is only about a quarter to a third of the way
    along. I can't get it into diagnostics or download mode. I saw something close to this on another thread with slightly different symptoms.
    Someone said it sounded like a main controller 1 problem which makes sense. I reseated the dimms and the main controller one with no change.
    I tried a different HDD out of a good working machine and that didn't work. I will order a main controller. Just wanted to know if anyone has
    ran into this. I can't swap main controllers because the machines use different boards.
    -------------------
    try re-seating connections on Main 1 & Main 2

try and get in service mode on initial boot (can be done) check for error codes

u probably tried this ?
    Controller System Error Diagnosis (Turn ON the Main Power Supply Switch while pressing the numeric keys '2' and '4' simultaneously)

imageRUNNER ADVANCE C5051 / C5045 / C5035 / C5030
    part number for the Flash PCB (Boot Program) located on Main Controller PCB 1
    Flash PCB is FM4-0792-000

stuck at boot up and will not come to ready.

One solution to this problem was found to be the cable from the reader controller was not connected correctly. The tech reseated the connector at the copier and this resolved the problem. In the image below the edge of the connector is parallel with the surface of the metal.
    30744.jpg
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Main Controller 1 was the problem. Thanks Teckat!

=============;/

good find Thumbs up.jpg

tewamz

Re: IRADV C5030 Will not boot up

Am having a similar problem, My IRADV C5030 that will not boot up. All I get is a screen with line that is only about a quarter to a third of the way
    along. I have removed the memories and fixed them back, But still it can't boot. I have fixed the Main controller 1 cable properly but still it can't boot.
    Please how did you solve your problem.

Re: IRADV C5030 Will not boot up

Quote Originally Posted by tewamz View Post
    Am having a similar problem, My IRADV C5030 that will not boot up. All I get is a screen with line that is only about a quarter to a third of the way
    along. I have removed the memories and fixed them back, But still it can't boot. I have fixed the Main controller 1 cable properly but still it can't boot.
    Please how did you solve your problem.

Flash PCB (Boot Program) located on Main Controller PCB 1
    Part Number for the Flash PCB is FM4-0792-000
    ================================================== ===================================
    One solution to this problem was found to be the cable from the reader controller was not connected correctly.
    The tech re-seated the connector at the copier and this resolved the problem.

In the image below the edge of the connector is parallel with the surface of the metal.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I replaced the Main Controller with an exchange from Nationwide. After trying

everything else.