Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: 03130031-2618

Aparsons

03130031-2618

It seems that this error is not what it seems and that the service manual and to some extent the troubleshooting guide are misleading. I am working with a iPF6300.

The service manual gives: Vh Voltage error. Check the power supply unit.

The troubleshooting guide gives: If the flat cable continuity is normal then:
    1) Replace the main controller
    2) Replace the printhead
    3) Replace the carriage unit.
    The troubleshooting guide says in a couple of places "It is not the power supply"

I have replaced the power supply (I know). It was not the power supply.
    The "replace the main controller" was a little too subtle for me. The main controller is surely working; the machine boots up, the carriage moves a few inches and the display works just fine and gives an error message. I am on the trail of the Vh

I do not replace the printhead as the error is the same whether the print heads are in or not. Therefore it seems to be more fundamental in the startup than a printhead error. Also replacing 2 printheads at £300 each on the off chance is a little too strong for me.

I replace the carriage PCB. Still the same so I replace the long flat cables. Still the same. Now the subtlety of the order of replacement in the troubleshooting guide sinks in. It seems to be saying "IT'S NOT Vh, IT'S THE CONTROLLER BOARD"

There are quite a few references to the 2618 error on the net but practically no outcomes noted. I have started a new thread so that people can give their experiences and outcomes.

In short - Is it ever the carriage PCB or PSU or is it always the controller board?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    03130031-2618

Re: 03130031-2618

if you are a tech - than you must have the FCC testers. Those would rule out the flex cables.

I never had a case of PSU.

Most of times is the mainboard.

Golden rule is: Put new printheads - than start the troubleshooting...

Aparsons

If i had access to another iPF6300 could I swap over mainboard and printheads to effect a diagnosis? If i decide to scrap the printer (it needs 12 inks and probably a main board) can the printheads, lets assume they are relatively new, be used in another iPF6300 or indeed any other PF-05 printer?

What is Canon's response to these main board failures? Will they replace them to support the reputation of the product or are you on your own with an expensive defective printer after the warranty has run out?
    Thanks for the info.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    03130031-2618

1. can the printheads, lets assume they are relatively new, be used in another iPF6300 or indeed any other PF-05 printer?

I would not do that.

What is Canon's response to these main board failures?
    I guess like all companies. If it is under warranty - you got it.