Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts Joseph2011's Avatar

problem ipf 755 canon

good morning:
    I have a problem with ipf 755 plotter I get the error message 038 300 500-2F42've already changed 2 new heads and continue the code, when I do not print nozzle test a train of black matte color

regards

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: problem ipf 755 canon

I recently bought a IPF755 and while testing it gave error 2F42. I turned the printer off and on and printed a full color 24X24 print. The paper was vellum but we selected plain paper in the menu. When we printed we found that there were lines across horizontal surface of the print. Mostly it looked like the blue was not printing right. The owner told me that the printer was in storage for about 4/5 months and when you will print some pages it will be ok. I brought the printed to my place and turned on and printed a full color photo on plain paper and still found the lines across. I printed a test page, pattern and nozzle check and found that blue pattern having some missing lines. I tried to clean the head A and B. But everytime after cleaning the message appeared that there is error and turn the printer off and on. I did and the printed showed "ready" message. Now I try to print from my computer and get message to clean the head. Is their any suggestion because the printer was not in use for quite some time and it was not stored in a climate control area. It was sitting in a garage and getting dust. thanks in advance for any help I will be getting. Note: in the nozzle check print out all the other colors pattern was fine except blue.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    problem ipf 755 canon

To Joseph:

It can be a lot of things except the head. It can be mechanical issue (absence of ink in the tubes, defective purge unit) or electrical issue (main board, carriage system)

To Copyplus:
    Replace the head

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I can work step by step. Where should I start and which system I should follow?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts mramlawi's Avatar

First of all have you update your IFP to the latest version
    Distinguished road makes you jewel in rough