Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

IRC1022i Printing only Magenta

Prints blank copies on all colors and black, except some magenta shows up when doing full color. After each copy the processing light stays on. Says printing.
    When you try to cancel it the same thing happens. It says cancelling but never finishes and locks up. All test prints come out magenta. Question: where is a list of test prints? I printed 1-24 and all have magenta color. Also will not print out a first auto grad adjustment print and stops and say check toner , etc. Tried an all clear but no change. May have been caused by a storm Lightening? Switched black drum. May try other drums. No error codes . Same problem for prints and copies. Upgrading software next.

Thanks for any help!!!!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: IRC1022i Printing only Magenta

Software should help with the lockups on this unit. Is there any image on the drum units itself? Open the front cover in the middle of a copy and see if there's images on all 4 drums, that would point to a bad itb. I've had to replace two already.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

After stopping a copy only the Magenta drum has image on it. Noticed that when copying the paper feeds early? So the image (magenta) is transferred to the paper already on top of itb! Also after one copy, it says printing still and will print a blank copy every 5 minutes or so. Any more ideas!!!! Thinking main controller?
    Last edited by RHodg57; 06-23-2014 at 04:27 PM.

Try the software, a clear all afterwards and see before you start changing parts. These drum units cam in and out and I have had a similar HP which was hit by a power bump and lost it's tracking of the cams, that gave me an error on the HP though. the C1030 feed paper to registration, then start writing the images on the drums so that is normal. Blank sheet may also be a double feed that cleared itself and logged an alarm instead of taking the machine down.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by northernlife View Post
    Try the software, a clear all afterwards and see before you start changing parts. These drum units cam in and out and I have had a similar HP which was hit by a power bump and lost it's tracking of the cams, that gave me an error on the HP though. the C1030 feed paper to registration, then start writing the images on the drums so that is normal. Blank sheet may also be a double feed that cleared itself and logged an alarm instead of taking the machine down.

Software and reclearing ALL did not help. Notice that the scan lamp remains on all the time.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RHodg57 View Post
    Software and reclearing ALL did not help. Notice that the scan lamp remains on all the time.
    ----------------------

if your Scan Lamp remains on all the time> u have a serious issue--hopefully it's not under a plastic HP Position cover

what type of "Lighting Bump" did u have
    these strikes fry boards -----
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

I had just a power bump. Caused similar weird shit but the firmware and clear all before and after and it's been good for months. Only other issue I've had was the ITB motor died and you're stuck replacing the whole damn ITB assy to change the motor. Other than that, not much with these, don't really have much we tend to push the c2030/c2230's instead.

This engine is much like the 3800 HP and on that 3800 if generic toners were loaded you could really screw up the toner sensors in the back. Big damage to the printer. The email doesn't support SSL so that sucks about these. No exchange authentication. I think the 1030i second gens were better off. Sorry I cant help more.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Simons View Post
    This engine is much like the 3800 HP and on that 3800 if generic toners were loaded you could really screw up the toner sensors in the back. Big damage to the printer. The email doesn't support SSL so that sucks about these. No exchange authentication. I think the 1030i second gens were better off. Sorry I cant help more.

Waiting on approval to "go ahead" and order D.C. CONTROLLER & MAIN DRIVER. If customer o.k.s I am going to try those.. Any mor suggestions will be appreciated!!!

THANX!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RHodg57 View Post
    Waiting on approval to "go ahead" and order D.C. CONTROLLER & MAIN DRIVER. If customer o.k.s I am going to try those.. Any mor suggestions will be appreciated!!!

THANX!!!!
    Since you have scan lamp problem something serious is wrong but here are a couple other easy things you may have already done.

recheck bias contacts on ITB and frame if you didnt.

This has also worked. Removing and reseating the drum and DV unit resolved the blank images on copy and internal print.