Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

#0753 when scanning to email ir2025

Hi, I have an issue when scanning to email, it works on a few page document but fails when doing eg, 30 pages as a PDF I get error 0753, file size of document is about 1meg when scanned as the customer used someone else's machine and it went ok, the file size limit on the m/c is set to 50meg. I changed it to tiff it went ok! And I tried our office email address to make sure it was not specific to one address.
    This apparently was working and then started to play up.
    i disconnected and reconnected the cable as the manual states check cable, but if the smaller size emails are going and the tiff format worked I don't see the cable as an issue.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

cheers

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    #0753 when scanning to email ir2025

Re: #0753 when scanning to email ir2025

Quote Originally Posted by madas View Post
    Hi, I have an issue when scanning to email, it works on a few page document but fails when doing eg, 30 pages as a PDF I get error 0753, file size of document is about 1meg when scanned as the customer used someone else's machine and it went ok, the file size limit on the m/c is set to 50meg. I changed it to tiff it went ok! And I tried our office email address to make sure it was not specific to one address.
    This apparently was working and then started to play up.
    i disconnected and reconnected the cable as the manual states check cable, but if the smaller size emails are going and the tiff format worked I don't see the cable as an issue.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

cheers
    ================================================== =================
    #753 [SMB] Sending to a shared folder
    Cause
    -The SMB client setting is not turned ON or not properly configured on the copier/machine.
    -The user account does not have proper privileges or enough disk space quota available for this user account to write to this
    destination.
    -The destination is full or out of available free space to write to.
    -Software FIREWALL or Internet security application on that destination computer might be turned ON or not properly configured to permit this traffic.
    -Host name conflict with some other device on the network.

Remedy
    -Check and verify that the SMB client protocol is turn ON and that the SMB client is properly configured on the copier/machine.
    -Check and verify that the user account does have proper access and disk quota available for writing files to this location.
    -Check and verify that the destination has enough available free disk space.
    -Check and verify that there are no software firewalls running on the destination computer and if so make sure that the firewall application is properly configured to permit this traffic.
    -Check and verify that the host name on the machine is unique.

================================================== =====
    #753 [FTP] Sending to an FTP server
    Cause
    -An error occurred in TCP/IP protocol when transmitting to the FTP server transmission/reception. (Error of Socket, Select, etc.)
    -Not able to send because the machine or the FTP server destination is not properly configured for the function that is being attempted.
    -Check the network cables and connectors. If the machine still does not operate normally, turn the main power OFF,
    Then turn it back ON.
    Remedy
    -Check and verify that the machine and the FTP server destination are properly configured for the protocol that you are trying to communicate with.

================================================== ===
    #753 [SMTP] Sending to e-mail server
    Cause
    -An error occurred in TCP/IP protocol when sending to the E-mail SMTP server, transmitting E-mail, and/or I-Fax transmission/reception. (Error of Socket, Select, etc.)
    -Not able to send because the machine or the E-mail server destination Is not properly configured for the function that is being attempted.
    -Check the network cables and connectors. If the machine still does not operate normally, turn the main power OFF,
    Then turn it back ON.
    Remedy
    -Check and verify that the machine and the E-mail SMTP server Destination are properly configured for the protocol that you are
    trying to communicate with.
    Notes:
    Please use Microsoft Outlook Express (DO NOT USE OUTLOOK) to test, verify and confirm the correct requirements for the E-mail
    server that the customer is trying to use to send E-mail. You can bring up Microsoft Outlook Express by clicking START > RUN then
    type MSIMN and click OK. Then create an E-mail account using the information that was provided to you and try to send an email
    from MS Outlook Express.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**