Thread: irc 1028i

irc 1028i

I cannot do the gradation adjust what do you think about it...? I have exchanged the itb and all the cartridges and in service mode I executed the. clr dcn. but it does not work....
    As a printer, I can see a soflty and perfecly shadow in the letters.....any ideas?
    Thanks for your attention
    Attached Images Attached Images

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    irc 1028i

Re: irc 1028i

Quote Originally Posted by ernesto View Post
    I cannot do the gradation adjust what do you think about it...? I have exchanged the itb and all the cartridges and in service mode I executed the. clr dcn. but it does not work....
    As a printer, I can see a soflty and perfecly shadow in the letters.....any ideas?
    Thanks for your attention
    -------------------------------
    does this model have the Special Management Mode like the iRC1030/1022
    if so u can run a Color displacement correction mode

Execute [Color displacement correction mode].
    <Special management mode>
    Main menu > Additional function > 3 > 6 > 9 > * > 34691
    <Service mode>
    COPIER > FUNCTION > SPLMAN > SPL34691

did anyone service or remove Laser Unit recently

Make sure laser unit is seated correctly.
    see if wiring harness is trapped under the laser unit.

laser.JPG
    TESTMODE > PRINT

Check a TEST PRINT
    PG-TYPE

OR---------------
    You can check with test prints if the printer engine works normally.
    When pressing the test print switch at the DC controller PCB with the machine in standby mode, a test pattern (horizontal lines) is printed.
    This test print can be executed without the main controller PCB.
    TEST.JPG
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

the adjust has not worked

I have seen that the problem is only in the color black when it combines with the other colors ( soft and perfect shadow in the letters). All the colors including black are working right alone ( monocolor)

ANY IDEAS?
    Attached Images Attached Images

irc 1028i

Re: the adjust has not worked

I have seen that the problem is only in the color black when it combines with the other colors ( soft and perfect shadow in the letters). All the colors including black are working right alone ( monocolor)

ANY IDEAS?
    -------------------------------------------
    when u make full color run> BLACK has a %pct combination of the other colors

/Color Displacement Corrective Control

Corrects color displacement which occurs due to individual difference of the laser scanner unit and toner cartridge.
    Since this machine uses a different toner cartridge for each color, a difference may occur in the position or the size of an image depending on the color.
    The machine performs correction by calculating the degree of color displacement based on the position of the pattern image for color displacement correction formed on the ETB and controlling a video signal for each color.

check & clean those two sensors

Operation
    1) The DC controller forms a pair of pattern images for color displacement correction (one is on the left side and the other is on the right side) with four colors on the ETB.
    2) The DC controller sends a color displacement/density LED drive signal so that the light emitter (LED) of the color displacement/density sensor emits light.
    The color displacement/density sensor is a reflection type sensor located on the upper side of the ETB. It consists of the light emitter (LED) and light receiver (PD).
    3) The light emitted from the emitter is reflected at the ETB and received by the light receiver of the color displacement/density sensor.
    The intensity of this reflected light varies depending on whether toner exists or not.
    4) The color displacement/density sensor converts the received light into a voltage, and sends it to the DC controller as a color displacement detection signal.
    5) The DC controller determines the position of the pattern image based on the timing when the color displacement detection signal changes, and calculates the degree of color displacement for each color based on the position.
    6) The degree of color displacement calculated for each color is sent to the main controller.
    7) The main controller controls a video signal for each color based on the degree of color displacement of each color received, and makes adjustments of the main scanning start position, main scanning magnification, and sub scanning start position.

did u check the laser unit seating position

can u make a PG GRID TEST PRINT in this model

irc 1028i

I checked dc connectors and after that, it solved the problem....

Thanks a lot. Mr Teckat

irc 1028i

Re: irc 1028i

I checked dc connectors and after that, it solved the problem....

Thanks a lot. Mr Teckat
    ---------------------------welcome

"The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever observes."