Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    robert802

Problem with IPF8000

Lately our IPF8000 has been having quality issues. The weird thing about it is: we will be printing a long banner....it will look perfect until about the halfway point. Once at the halfway point: there will be noticeable lines and then at the end of the print the machine dumps a bunch of black ink. Every time this happens, I can't figure out why the first half of the banner prints fine and the rest looks horrible.

I recently replaced the left printer head (as the machine prompted me to). Does this problem mean the other print head is shot? Or is there another issue going on?

I appreciate any help, thanks.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Problem with IPF8000

Re: Problem with IPF8000

Quote Originally Posted by robert802 View Post
    Lately our IPF8000 has been having quality issues. The weird thing about it is: we will be printing a long banner....it will look perfect until about the halfway point. Once at the halfway point: there will be noticeable lines and then at the end of the print the machine dumps a bunch of black ink. Every time this happens, I can't figure out why the first half of the banner prints fine and the rest looks horrible.

I recently replaced the left printer head (as the machine prompted me to). Does this problem mean the other print head is shot? Or is there another issue going on?

I appreciate any help, thanks.
    -------------------------------------------

any messages ? as in >(Replenishing Ink)

dumps BLACK only into maintenance cartridge
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

robert802

A good example would be the banner we recently tried printing: first 18 inches look great. Next foot looks fuzzy, not as nice. Then it looks almost as though the letters are being printed over each other, leaving large areas of heavy in on the paper (the "dumping" I described earlier).

There's no error on the screen either--the printer thinks everything is still dandy but something is going on in there...

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Problem with IPF8000

Are you using Genuine Ink ?

If the answer is yes : Print a nozzle check from service mode and upload here