Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Canon Firmware Update

Hi-I need to remove and replace the HDD's on a Canon 3225, 5050 and 2525.We are a Toshiba dealer with no experience on Canon's.Are the Canon f/w updates done via USB thumb drive? Does anyone have directions they can send me?I figure, once I know what I am doing, I will work on finding the firmware itself.Thanks in advance. Jim

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Canon Firmware Update

Re: Canon Firmware Update

Quote Originally Posted by jim v View Post
    Hi-I need to remove and replace the HDD's on a Canon 3225, 5050 and 2525.We are a Toshiba dealer with no experience on Canon's.Are the Canon f/w updates done via USB thumb drive? Does anyone have directions they can send me?I figure, once I know what I am doing, I will work on finding the firmware itself.Thanks in advance. Jim
    ---------------------------------------------------
    1-U first need the Canon SST Program & Instruction Manual
    2-u then need to Download & then Register the Models Firmware into SST
    3-why do u need to replace the HDD's ? if working> leave alone /
    they probably have Firmware already loaded/

================================================== ================================================== =

iR3225=SST or USB FLASH DRIVE/ u also need to FORMAT original HDD inside printer/ or purchase the same OEM HDD.

iR5050=SST or USB FLASH DRIVE/u also need to FORMAT original HDD inside printer/ or purchase the same OEM HDD.

iR2525=(UST) User Support Tool/ this Printer Firmware will include the User Support Tool & PDF Instructions./When reaching the point where the download instructions state to "Start up the UST", you must go to the sub-directory where the SSW is stored and choose the EXE file. When you double click on the EXE file the UST will open.

*for it's Inner Finisher-B1 (SST & DL Tool_)

4-iR2525 Series has no HDD

===========================================
    If u want to keep Operation Firmware on Printers 3225 &5050,
    and delete everything else--
    "Initialize All Data/Settings"/under > System/Settings Menu

WARNING: DATA WILL BE ERASED. Before using the 'Initialize All Data/Settings' feature, make sure that the data you are erasing is completely unnecessary or is backed up.
    Note: This procedure can take some time (up to 30 minutes).
    Recommendations:
    - To prevent others user from accidentally erasing all of the data, it is recommended to register a System Manager ID and System Password so that only the System Manager can perform this procedure.
    - If you have a Fiery controller connected, enter service mode, change the IMG-CONT to 0, and reboot the device before performing this procedure.
    The 'Initialize All Data/Settings' feature will erase the following data that is stored in the machine:
    - Data stored in Inbox's
    - Address Book data
    - Scan settings registered for the Sending function
    - Mode Memory settings registered for the Copy or Mail Box function
    - MEAP applications and Licenses
    - Data saved from MEAP applications
    - The password for MEAP SMS login services reverts back to the default
    - Registered SDL (Simple Device Login) user authentication information
    - User authentication information registered in the local device authentication system of SSO (Single Sign-on)
    - Unsent documents (Reserved documents and documents set with the Delayed Send Mode)
    - Job History
    - Additional Function settings
    - Image forms registered for the Form Composition mode
    - Registered forwarding settings
    - Key pair and server Certificate settings registered in Certificate Settings in TCP/IP Settings
    It is not normally necessary to use this feature, but it is useful for erasing personal or confidential information when returning or disposing of the machine.
    To use this feature:
    1. Press Additional Functions.
    2. Choose System Settings.
    3. Scroll down and look for 'Initialize All Data/Settings'.
    4. Hit Yes.

Last edited by teckat; 07-11-2014 at 08:50 PM.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    ---------------------------------------------------
    1-U first need the Canon SST Program & Instruction Manual
    2-u then need to Download & then Register the Models Firmware into SST
    3-why do u need to replace the HDD's ? if working> leave alone /
    they probably have Firmware already loaded/

================================================== ================================================== =

iR3225=SST or USB FLASH DRIVE/ u also need to FORMAT original HDD inside printer/ or purchase the same OEM HDD.

iR5050=SST or USB FLASH DRIVE/u also need to FORMAT original HDD inside printer/ or purchase the same OEM HDD.

iR2525=(UST) User Support Tool/ this Printer Firmware will include the User Support Tool & PDF Instructions./When reaching the point where the download instructions state to "Start up the UST", you must go to the sub-directory where the SSW is stored and choose the EXE file. When you double click on the EXE file the UST will open.

*for it's Inner Finisher-B1 (SST & DL Tool_)

4-iR2525 Series has no HDD

===========================================
    If u want to keep Operation Firmware on Printers 3225 &5050,
    and delete everything else--
    "Initialize All Data/Settings"/under > System/Settings Menu

WARNING: DATA WILL BE ERASED. Before using the 'Initialize All Data/Settings' feature, make sure that the data you are erasing is completely unnecessary or is backed up.
    Note: This procedure can take some time (up to 30 minutes).
    Recommendations:
    - To prevent others user from accidentally erasing all of the data, it is recommended to register a System Manager ID and System Password so that only the System Manager can perform this procedure.
    - If you have a Fiery controller connected, enter service mode, change the IMG-CONT to 0, and reboot the device before performing this procedure.
    The 'Initialize All Data/Settings' feature will erase the following data that is stored in the machine:
    - Data stored in Inbox's
    - Address Book data
    - Scan settings registered for the Sending function
    - Mode Memory settings registered for the Copy or Mail Box function
    - MEAP applications and Licenses
    - Data saved from MEAP applications
    - The password for MEAP SMS login services reverts back to the default
    - Registered SDL (Simple Device Login) user authentication information
    - User authentication information registered in the local device authentication system of SSO (Single Sign-on)
    - Unsent documents (Reserved documents and documents set with the Delayed Send Mode)
    - Job History
    - Additional Function settings
    - Image forms registered for the Form Composition mode
    - Registered forwarding settings
    - Key pair and server Certificate settings registered in Certificate Settings in TCP/IP Settings
    It is not normally necessary to use this feature, but it is useful for erasing personal or confidential information when returning or disposing of the machine.
    To use this feature:
    1. Press Additional Functions.
    2. Choose System Settings.
    3. Scroll down and look for 'Initialize All Data/Settings'.
    4. Hit Yes.

Thanks for the info Teckat. The customer wants the HDD's removed before sending them back to the leasing company. I will let you know about your offer. Thanks again-Jim

Quote Originally Posted by jim v View Post
    Thanks for the info Teckat. The customer wants the HDD's removed before sending them back to the leasing company. I will let you know about your offer. Thanks again-Jim

Why not just sanatize the disks ? That will remove any of the customers data...