Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: IRAC 5051

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

IRAC 5051

I have a IRAC5051 with a ci staple finisher my problem is when the customer runs 11x17 or 8 1/2 x 14 the paper comes out with the trail edge accordion folding on 11x17 its about the 1/3 of the trail edge of the sheet and 8 1/2 x 14 its about 3 inches of the trail edge 8 1/2 x 11 and 8 1/2 x 11R runs fine

Thankz in advance
    Steve Baker

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: IRAC 5051

Do you notice a gap at all on the pinch rollers (aka exit rollers, the upper one cams up and down and pulls the paper out and then into the process (staple) unit. There's a service mode and dip switch adjustment for that. I wasn't getting the folding so much but stapled sets were way off and crooked.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

no I didnt see any gap in the rollers wat setting were u talking about

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

There's a gap adjustment tech pub # TP08 230d. Come to think of it, when you run LTR stapled is it fine? It almost seems like it's driving into the process tray but not enough to pull it out of the finsiher.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

looking at the tech pub tp08 230d thats adjusting the rollers on the swing guide, I took the finisher off and the problem is happening before it gets to the finisher It appears to be happening between the buffer unit and the main processor

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    IRAC 5051

Quote Originally Posted by hachetman View Post
    I have a IRAC5051 with a ci staple finisher my problem is when the customer runs 11x17 or 8 1/2 x 14 the paper comes out with the trail edge accordion folding on 11x17 its about the 1/3 of the trail edge of the sheet and 8 1/2 x 14 its about 3 inches of the trail edge 8 1/2 x 11 and 8 1/2 x 11R runs fine

Thankz in advance
    Steve Baker
    =====================================

Make sure Secondary Transfer Separation Guide Assembly is in the correct position.

Fit Side with longer shaft to the hole of Secondary Transfer Separation Guide Unit and install the Secondary Transfer Outer Roller.

-After installing the Secondary Transfer Outer Roller, make sure that the bearing holder can rotate.
    -Fit the protrusion with the groove of the guide and install the bushing.
    -Install the spring onto both side of protrusion.

Fit the spring on the Duplex Unit to the protrusion on the bearing holder of Secondary Transfer Outer Roller Unit and install it one after other.

Re-install the rear stopper.

Note:

When replacing the Secondary Transfer Outer Roller, execute the service mode.

COPIER > FUNCTION > CLEANING > TNR-COAT
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**