Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Go_Demons

Canon IRC 3380 removing the buffer or bridge to the finisher

Hi all,

I have one Canon IRC 3380 and I have removed the finisher and taken out the bridge or buffer. I was told to get a flag sensor which I have done and installed but I am now having paper jams just above the fuser section. The paper always stops at this point and when I remove it I find it is concertining at the bottom of the page. Along with this I am finding small lines suggesting the drum blade is not cleaning the drum effectively.

Any suggestions please?

former propeller tester 250+ Posts

Re: Canon IRC 3380 removing the buffer or bridge to the finisher

Dump the demons would be a good start

Service Manager 250+ Posts

Re: Canon IRC 3380 removing the buffer or bridge to the finisher

Hello

Most people on the forum will try and assist, note to previous child posting.

Lets talk about the lines first, there are four drums in this model, BYCM, typically fine lines on the page indicate that a drum needs changing. If you are lucky the laser glass just needs a clean, there is a wand for this, it should be located in the front which flips down.

You can verify this by going into the service mode and looking at the drum lifes.

Can you go into service mode, press on the asterisk with a head on it, press on 2 and 8 together then the head with the asterisk again, select copier and you will see an option for jams on the left

Go into that and write down the jam code, it will help everyone isolate the issue and advise you on the best way

Incidently, is the paper jam creased right up, or can you just pull it out ok? - next thing to check is the feed rollers, if they are smooth they cause alll kinds of jams

Come back with a little more info and we will all try to help

V