Field Supervisor 500+ Posts roho's Avatar

image press C1 E820

Such a rewarding machine to work on, the gift that keeps on giving! I'm getting a E 820 0003 error as the machine does it's auto gradation. I would really appreciate any insight from someone who's worked on these with some regularity, since I rarely see these beasts, the code appeared after changing the IT belt. Rechecked all connectors, but didn't have an oppoutunity to take the assembly out again today due to time and investigate further. Thanks in advance!

teacher-guide-expert-guru 2,500+ Posts
    image press C1 E820

Re: image press C1 E820

Hi Roho

Primary corona is not properly in the place or fan from picture don't have connection.

E820.jpg
    Practice makes perfect
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it
    A picture is worth a thousand words
    If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    image press C1 E820

to add on-----------------Inspect the primary corona assembly and ensure that there are no arc marks on the primary corona blocks and that the tag ends of the charge wires are trimmed.

Check for Stray toner around the primary corona frame connector.

E820-0003======ITB cooling fan error for FM7
    You can also test the fan via the Parts Check in service mode at COPIER>FUNCTION>PART-CHK and set FAN to 7.

CANON:
    When checking voltages to the fan, the fan should run at high speed when the copier is first turned on and 24 volts should be present on connector J259 pin 3 shown in the diagram below.
    When the fan slows down to low speed, 12 volts will be present on the same pin of connector J259. In this case, there was only 12 volts when the machine was turned on, and the fan ran at low speed all the time. Something was taken down the 24 volts. After removing 24 volt loads one at a time from the Side Driver Pcb, it was discovered that unplugging the Primary Corona Wire Cleaner Motor caused the 24 volts to return to the fan and the machine booted up normally. In this case the Primary Corona Wire Cleaning Motor was taking down the 24 volts. The Primary Corona Assembly was replaced, to resolve the issue. The primary corona Cleaner Motor part number is FL2-0991-000 and the Primary Corona Assembly is FM2-2496-000.

**Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Senior Tech 100+ Posts khattab.al.masry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zoraldinho View Post
    Hi Roho

Primary corona is not properly in the place or fan from picture don't have connection.

E820.jpg
    Thanks a lot.

Sent from my SM-J700H using Tapatalk

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts roho's Avatar

Old post I didn't follow up on. I had replaced the ITB and a small metal contact had become detached. It fits on the leaf springs that contact one of the transfer rollers. Normally on most models the feaf spring is a solid piece, but the C1 has small half moon shaped contacts that fit into the leaf springs. Only 1 left in the field for me.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts khattab.al.masry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by roho View Post
    Old post I didn't follow up on. I had replaced the ITB and a small metal contact had become detached. It fits on the leaf springs that contact one of the transfer rollers. Normally on most models the feaf spring is a solid piece, but the C1 has small half moon shaped contacts that fit into the leaf springs. Only 1 left in the field for me.
    But i followed it and worked.

Sent from my SM-J700H using Tapatalk