Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hwoody

IR Advance C2020

Can someone please tell me why this machine over tones within 70 % of the color drum lives? 42K on the color drums and they are on the 3rd set of drums.. right now the magenta is over toned.
    Ideas?
    Harold

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts dan7777's Avatar

Re: IR Advance C2020

Updating the software seems to have helped my machines a little. If the black is even close to 100% I change it.

Service Manager 250+ Posts

The drums are crap, the machine is crap - flimsy with cheap plastics

The drums are inconsistent, I have not figured the drums out myself as of yet, there is no explanation, I just take it up the a~~ and change the drums. We are in the process of getting rid of every single IRA 2020 series as quickly as possible.

I have not seen any firmware updates aiding with drum life, or any adjustments to SM to clear up upstream / downstream brush when a drum get over 70% ( leaving toner wash on the page ) - you always end up changing the drum, always.

It would be interesting to keep this thread alive to get everyone's experience and input on this, as there is not that much consistent information on how to manage these drums.

I do agree with you Hwoody, I have pulled out drums when needed to be swapped and the have been caked in toner

V

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    IR Advance C2020

do you mean smth like this ?

IMAG0312.jpg

Hi Hwoody, just like Vamoursly said "POS" - if the Unit/s have done less than 60% then a pro-rata warranty claim can be made through Canon (make sure you include a P-PRINT in the original DU box), also the Fixing Units have similar Life issues somewhere between 20-70% - 1st Cassette Feed Assy has also it's own issues - was really looking forward to the release of the ADV2200 Series, as I was SURE all the previous probs/faults etc. would be fixed..........................NOT SO...... still the same POS with the same faults & I believe it has MORE issues.

Join the Club Harold and keep sending Canon the warranty claims - they should get the message eventually.

Cliff.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Hi this a bad machine when it comes to drums and fusers, if your customer is doing over 30% colour coverage then the drums will not last life especially the black. There is a new modified ITB unit which should help but you have to run the latest software , but if the customer runs high colour coverage copies then it might not help that much.

A large portion of our negative experiences with these units are from overzealous sales people promising that it's the greatest machine ever and they can do full colour no problem, etc...

If you stick within the machines specs they're actually not all that bad. But what client follows the recommended specs.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts onlyinnewfoundland's Avatar

My two cents...

What northernlife is saying is absolutely true...however, for the most part a customer is looking for a low cost and a machine they can run the shit out of for the duration of the lease. These machines simply cannot handle the task that they are being put up to. I have a few in the field that have 300-400k and they go through drums like you wouldn't believe.

Does anybody else get brand new drums from Canon that chatter and make clicking and cracking noises when installed? We have had numerous drums do this, they are basically DOA - they will work in the machine but the the gears at the front are just cracking away and griding down.

Bottom line, really not happy with this machine...I'd say 20-30% of the machines I have in the field are working okay, the rest are just being ran too hard or are in terrible environments.

Service Manager 250+ Posts

I do agree copiers should be sized correctly for the environment they are in. My issue is that the consumables do not at times even run to 60% of life, drums are the most prevelent, but I have replaced a lot of fusers on these and paper guides from poorly performing plastics, which looks brittle.

The only consistently dirtier machine I have encountered was the 3100 series

Has anyone actually made any changes within service mode that has made any difference when a drum is leaving a toner wash / ghosting when a drum is getting from 60 -100 % life?

I have tried vaccuming out the cleaning section of the drum, my thoughts being toner saturation affecting the performance of the brushes, but that did not make much difference?

V
    Last edited by vamoursly; 07-31-2014 at 11:12 AM.

Most of the drums I install on these moan groan click and clack and then most seem to come back and no longer do it. They should have used a lil bit of metal in them to make sure that the shafts don't seperate. It's made for the odd colour logo and that's it. Any more is killing it. A lot has to do with what the competition has to offer that we simply do not have a machine that can match their price point, other than the 2030's.

Quote Originally Posted by onlyinnewfoundland View Post
    My two cents...

What northernlife is saying is absolutely true...however, for the most part a customer is looking for a low cost and a machine they can run the shit out of for the duration of the lease. These machines simply cannot handle the task that they are being put up to. I have a few in the field that have 300-400k and they go through drums like you wouldn't believe.

Does anybody else get brand new drums from Canon that chatter and make clicking and cracking noises when installed? We have had numerous drums do this, they are basically DOA - they will work in the machine but the the gears at the front are just cracking away and griding down.

Bottom line, really not happy with this machine...I'd say 20-30% of the machines I have in the field are working okay, the rest are just being ran too hard or are in terrible environments.