Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

iR2520 output problem

Hi guys, iR2520 will asking me insert drum unit even i already insert it. And the output is dark for the background but the wording still can read. Help pls~
    Please refer to the sample~ Thx Q vry much~
    Attached Images Attached Images

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: iR2520 output problem

Quote Originally Posted by Tze Chian View Post
    Hi guys, iR2520 will asking me insert drum unit even i already insert it. And the output is dark for the background but the wording still can read. Help pls~
    Please refer to the sample~ Thx Q vry much~
    Most likely you are not using an OEM drum unit! These models of machines have unique drum units; technical specifications refer to it as an E-DRUM, I haven't bothered though to find out what the letter 'E' stands for. But I have a machine with a drum count now 375,000 copies and still running clear copies, even though the stipulated drum lifespan is 169,000 copies; You must have noticed that the drum cleaning blade has very thick blade too.

In your case, assuming your using after market drum unit, the drum cylinder could be slightly shorter and the bias contact plate in the cylinder is NOT making proper contact with that in the machine body, hence the dark prints.
    You may try to 'elongate' the cylinder by inserting REASONABLY thick plastic washer, or piece of thick paper in between the front end of the cylinder and its cleaner assembly before inserting the drum lock pin. This will 'elongate the drum cylinder 'long' enough to reach the contact at machine's rear. Good Luck.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Rachid.Akli's Avatar

Hi,

Replace the H.V. TRANSFER PCB ASSEMBLY
    FM1-H933-000000.

Rachid
    "Find a job you love and you’ll never have to work a day in your life." Nagy's father

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts mramlawi's Avatar

once happened with me when i tried to clean the machine from the dust ,i removed the laser to cleaned it then i turned it back without turned back the covers the machine on copy gave me full black copy as u showed us , i assembled back the covers and the machine it works normally i wonder in this model about this if you removed the covers that located above the hooper the problem occur so make sure that the all the covers are set .
    Distinguished road makes you jewel in rough

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    iR2520 output problem

Quote Originally Posted by mramlawi View Post
    once happened with me when i tried to clean the machine from the dust ,i removed the laser to cleaned it then i turned it back without turned back the covers the machine on copy gave me full black copy as u showed us , i assembled back the covers and the machine it works normally i wonder in this model about this if you removed the covers that located above the hooper the problem occur so make sure that the all the covers are set .
    this "cover thing" happened to me too. Very strange... lol