Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

ir advance 6075i blank copies

Hi There i know this is a silly question but would the doc feeder on these machines have anything to do with it producing blank copies.
    Ive had it at the canon agency for nearly 2 months and still not fixed they dont know what is causing it have already replaced pcb1, dc controller. anyone got any ideas

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: ir advance 6075i blank copies

If by doc feeder you mean the ADF unit, then I highly doubt if it can cause blank copies! Do you get printouts when you place document directly on the platen glass or print from a computer? that should be the staring point for diagnosing the fault. Doc feeder allows for stream reading only.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DAG COPIERS & COMPUTERS View Post
    If by doc feeder you mean the ADF unit, then I highly doubt if it can cause blank copies! Do you get printouts when you place document directly on the platen glass or print from a computer? that should be the staring point for diagnosing the fault. Doc feeder allows for stream reading only.
    ok great just wanted to clear that up as they were saying it could be as the strap cable broke but i know the adf wouldnt cause blank copies. there is main charge and transfer charge the transfer belt does go up funny thing is when you make a copy and stop it then take out dev unit the drum is full of toner but nothing gets transfered to paper. like i said the machine has been with the canon agents for 2 months and they dont know what is wrong so im hoping someone else has had the same problem and can offer some advice

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Rachid.Akli's Avatar

Hello,

What about if the transfer belt is not rotating ?

Rachid.
    "Find a job you love and you’ll never have to work a day in your life." Nagy's father

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Stop the copy shortly after registration and see if there's an image on the drum?
    As I always say cut that call in half. If the pre reg sensor in the df is wonky it can indeed give you blank copies as it never knows when to start write laser.