Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: E000020-1060 on IRADVC2020

To prevent this happening, ALWAY update the firmware to the latest version BEFORE changing the Drums
    I use to get this issue, and use to swap the chip over from the old drum to the new one
    But have been told that the newest version firmware helps to prevent this

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    E000020-1060 on IRADVC2020

Had this issue twice, 2nd time today, came up with a error for the magenta drum after replacing it after the original one leaked. The first time, was for a bk drum, replaced bk drum, no good, error. cleaned dust proof glass with shutter open, no good, took out laser and cleaned no good.. had to order a new laser. Put in new laser and new drum recognised.

This 2nd time, the machine has no more than 32000 copies on it, Top pu assy not working, now needs another magenta drum, or poss laser....These machines are fast becoming a nightmare, there is no consistency to them at all.

I think if swapping the chips over works, then ill try that, doesnt matter if the drum life is not reset, they dont last long anyway

Field Engineer 100+ Posts fchu5959's Avatar

Hi,

Only for last week, we had about 10 new drums in the fields popping these E020-xx60 codes.In all cases, there was nothing wrong on the machines themselves;The problems came from the new drums .We have tested them all on a brand new machine in the workshop. and we have encountered the same error codes.

I have also swapped the drum pcb ; In such case,there was no error codes but in doesn't prove that the drum is ok.....

because with an old drum pcb on a new drum,the machine dosen't do the half tone gradation adjustment right after the replacement.....so, no error codes.However, the error code may pop up sometimes later upon the auto half tone gradation.

But checking with a pg type 10 reveals that there is a problem on the dev cylinder.i tried 2 stir-4 but with no luck;So pushing my investigation further,i dismantled the drum assembly and discovered that the dev cylinder was not fully covered by toner; there were lots of blanks on the cylinder as revealed by the pg type10.i'll post some photos next time.

For now, i am still wondering whether it's a manufacturing defect or it could be due to vertical storage of the drum.

So now, before i change a new drum, i shake it horizontally for a minute....so far ,so good... but i have changed only 2 drums.May be i'm lucky!!

I have always found it strange that (as compares to irc 2880 drums)there is no plastic film to take off on a new drum.

So, i'm waiting fo Canon's tech bulletin on this issue.

rgds

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Keep a record of product #s listed on drum box-
    like u said> could be a storage issue

few years ago/ iRC5180's had issues with yellow & magenta OEM drums (e020 codes) from certain product #'s
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Technician

coz ur customer using instead of CEXV they r using gpr toner ,if u wanna to faster solution then must change all sims on drum of old to new it will work for some time

imran

Field Engineer 100+ Posts fchu5959's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by libra View Post
    coz ur customer using instead of CEXV they r using gpr toner ,if u wanna to faster solution then must change all sims on drum of old to new it will work for some time

imran
    Hi Libra,

All our customers are on a contract basis which includes Toner.Rest assured that we provide our customers with only CEXV canon toners.

Can you explain in more details "change all sims on drum...." and also " it will work for some time".

rgds

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Had this problem again today, again with Magenta, took a new drum with me and not recognised, swapped the chip over from the old drum to the new and still not working., took out the laser, cleaned the everything i could possible clean inside the laser and still came up with the error. Had this along time back on a bk drum, ended up replacing the laser assy, so ordered a new laser assy and will let you guys know how i get on in a couple of days.

Quote Originally Posted by MunsterTech View Post
    Had this problem again today, again with Magenta, took a new drum with me and not recognised, swapped the chip over from the old drum to the new and still not working., took out the laser, cleaned the everything i could possible clean inside the laser and still came up with the error. Had this along time back on a bk drum, ended up replacing the laser assy, so ordered a new laser assy and will let you guys know how i get on in a couple of days.
    =================================================
    Try this/ before replacing DRUMS

DC-CON RAM clear of DC Controller PCB
    Level.1 = Details To clear the RAM data of the DC Controller PCB.
    When clearing the RAM data of the DC Controller PCB
    Adj/set/operate method
    1) Select the item, and then press OK key.
    2) Turn OFF/ON the main power switch.
    Caution - Before execution of this item, be sure to output the service mode setting values by P-PRINT. After execution, enter necessary setting values.
    - The RAM data is cleared after the main power switch is turned OFF/ON.
    Related service mode COPIER> FUNCTION> MISC-P> P-PRINT

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

ok, ill give that a go, trouble is magenta drum leaking all over the place, so now just shutting down with error, so cant even get a print out now, as boots up into error, ill write down the info, could poss be a laser issue, as replaced one before and booted up ok...

Quote Originally Posted by MunsterTech View Post
    ok, ill give that a go, trouble is magenta drum leaking all over the place, so now just shutting down with error, so cant even get a print out now, as boots up into error, ill write down the info, could poss be a laser issue, as replaced one before and booted up ok...

Once a new drum starts dropping toner >u have a manufacturing issue I believe.
    Or a Supplier Storage issue\
    :+(