Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Canon 4890DW  /Dosnt recgonize printer

Canon 4890DW /Dosnt recgonize printer

HI Customer gets message on computer saying device not recognized(usb not recgonized) when they try to print to the Canon 4890DW machine.It is not networked machine.They took same computer to different Canon 4890DW(they have 3 of the same machine) and it printed fine.They tried a different usb and same result(dosnt recognize device).They brought over different computer to printer and it still says say message on different computer.So problem is 100% the printer (canon 4890DW) itself.Can the machine somehow have A SETTING THAT HAS SOMEHOW changed? Thanks ANDY

Re: Canon 4890DW /Dosnt recgonize printer

I believe Menu, 2, 8 , Menu and it should get you into service mode. You'll want to browse to the clear menu, enter in it and hit ok when "All" is selected. This will factory reset the printer. Let me know if it still does it.

Edit: I gotta ask but you've installed the drivers before connecting the usb cable right?

Hi Thank you for quick response.Yes everything was downloaded properly. The computer works on the customers other 3 Canon 4890DW machines with no problems,I will try a factory reset tomm. Thanks for the overlooked excellent suggestion.I will let you know how it turns out. Thanks again.Andy

Hi Thanks Northernlife Yes.It was just a matter of resetting to factory defaults.I told customer on phone what to do.They were happy,I got to score some good will(I didnt charge them for call) Thanks Again,ANDY

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts mramlawi's Avatar

i think its a fault in driver installation ,you must not attach the printer with the usb cable before they requested if you attached it before you install the driver you will face this problem ,click right click on my computer properties device manger is there any ? mark try to unistall then restart the pc .and install the driver again (its a rule if attach the usb cable before installin the driver you will face this problem)
    Distinguished road makes you jewel in rough