Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Eagle-claw

IRC 5185i hHANGS UP OR IN OTHER WORDS FREEZE AND REFISE TO BOOT

I have this image runner colour 5185i, it went to standby and when to power button was pressed, it restarted ITSELF and since then have refused to boot. THE POWER COMES ON BUT CANNOT BOOT, Can some one tell me what the problem is.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    IRC 5185i hHANGS UP OR IN OTHER WORDS FREEZE AND REFISE TO BOOT

Re: IRC 5185i hHANGS UP OR IN OTHER WORDS FREEZE AND REFISE TO BOOT

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle-claw View Post
    I have this image runner colour 5185i, it went to standby and when to power button was pressed, it restarted ITSELF and since then have refused to boot. THE POWER COMES ON BUT CANNOT BOOT, Can some one tell me what the problem is.
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    On power up >How far does the progress bar of the machine travel ????

First remove all accessories (especially the Finisher) then, try re-seating all connections, PCB's, and the memory DIMMs on the Main Controller PCB. Also try swapping/replacing the memory DIMMs.

Properly Shutting Down the imageRUNNER-iR Series Machines
    1. Enter Shutdown Mode by either of the following methods:
    I - Press Additional Functions > Common Settings > Shut Down Mode.
    OR
    II - Hold down the ON/OFF power button on the machine's control panel for 5 seconds (NOT the ON/OFF power switch on the side of the machine's main body).

2. The Shutdown Mode screen will appear on the machine's LCD screen. It will display the processes currently running on the machine.

3. Press the Start button on the LCD screen to begin the shutdown process.
    4. Wait until the shutdown process finishes. When it is finished, the following message will be displayed:
    'Turn off the main power switch (on the main unit's right side).'
    * Forced Off Option - If the shutdown process is taking too long and you must power down the machine as soon as possible, you can hit the Forced Off button on the LCD screen. This will stop the finishing process of the hardware and/or updating of the device data. The 'Turn off the main power switch (on the main unit's right side)' message will appear almost immediately. THIS IS NOT RECOMMENDED. It is best to let the shutdown process finish before powering off the main unit.

* The newer machines will power themselves off at the end of this process. There is no need to use the power switch on the side of the machine's main body to power down the unit.

5. Turn off the ON/OFF power switch on the side of the machine's main body to power down the unit.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**