Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    danfrommn

Canon 6055 lines when printing from computer, not when copying or sending.

Hello, I have 4 canon 6055 copiers on site and the company we work thru says I have to go thru and reboot all our systems that use a particular copier because of lines being printed on the page from print jobs but not from copies.

We are using canons driver directly from canons website and it has functioned without changes for the last year. 3 copiers dont seem to ever have this problem. 1 has had it twice now. The same computers that print to the one with lines showing up are able to print to the others without lines showing up.

Could some type of network interference to the 1 copier be doing it?

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: Canon 6055 lines when printing from computer, not when copying or sending.

Quote Originally Posted by danfrommn View Post
    Hello, I have 4 canon 6055 copiers on site and the company we work thru says I have to go thru and reboot all our systems that use a particular copier because of lines being printed on the page from print jobs but not from copies.

We are using canons driver directly from canons website and it has functioned without changes for the last year. 3 copiers dont seem to ever have this problem. 1 has had it twice now. The same computers that print to the one with lines showing up are able to print to the others without lines showing up.

========================================
    Pull out the Memory>clean ends> re-seat

Digital Lines

Standard PDF ?
    PDF Compact ?
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Don't forget to update firmware to latest via CDS if teckat's tips don't work

danfrommn

Quote Originally Posted by northernlife View Post
    Don't forget to update firmware to latest via CDS if teckat's tips don't work

Figured out. Turns out the tech with the company we lease our copiers from didnt due everything he should have to catch the problem.

He said that when he made copies, everything looked fine, but when stuff is printed from a computer it left a bunch of little lines on the page.

Well, with some simple testing, I found that it left lines when printing and when using the glass top for copying, but not when ran thru the feeder.

So it has to be a drum issue or dust on something that is building up.

Anyway, thanks for the help and the responses.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Just a note;
    DF uses reading glass & bypassing copy glass, there as two covers that have
    dust collection tape, but If they fill up dust will scatter \float around
    and eventually make it's way to read glass and depending where located can cause black or white lines on front or back of copy.

Settings and Registration > Function Settings > Common Settings > Scan Settings > Scanner Noise Settings > Set to Quiet.

Check the Spring Torsion on the Drum Separation Assembly for Displacement. If the Spring Torsion is deformed, replace the Spring Torsion ( FC9-4863-000) to resolve lines If in lead to trail edge
    ++
    Check Printers Dust Proof Glass
    Last edited by teckat; 08-21-2014 at 01:33 AM.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts dan7777's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by danfrommn View Post

I had one that put funny marks like faint boxes in a pattern after scanning and then when they printed the same scan it made more funny marks. Copies were fine. Updating the software fixed that problem.