Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Smile Canon ir2200 printing normal but produces faded copies

Bonjour,

This is my first post as i'm new to this forum. I need help with our canon ir2200 which does good quality printings but when used
    to copy the resulting paper is fading from top to bottom, actualy i changed the copy density from [A] (automatic) to the last level of darkness.
    If i let it in automatc mode the paper is nearly blank.

We changed the OPC, and after 3days it was starting to get dust rings on it ( the previous OPC had a lot of dust rings.) and now after more than 3months the OPC has a lot of dust rings.

So can someone explain me what may be the problem, and a possible solution.

Thank you.

Re: Canon ir2200 printing normal but produces faded copies

Quote Originally Posted by nzo View Post
    Bonjour,

This is my first post as i'm new to this forum. I need help with our canon ir2200 which does good quality printings but when used
    to copy the resulting paper is fading from top to bottom, actualy i changed the copy density from [A] (automatic) to the last level of darkness.
    If i let it in automatc mode the paper is nearly blank.

We changed the OPC, and after 3days it was starting to get dust rings on it ( the previous OPC had a lot of dust rings.) and now after more than 3months the OPC has a lot of dust rings.

So can someone explain me what may be the problem, and a possible solution.

Thank you.
    Hi, I understood that the machine works right as a printer but as a copier the copies are faded.

If it is this, the problem is in the reader unit. when do you put the document on the glass copyboard the copies are fade too ? and if you put the document in the Automatic Document Feeder......?

I hope to hear from you

All the best

20140822_211139.jpg

Here i took a picture of diferent usages, from left to right: a jpeg file containing text i have printed, then i made copies of the printed document, from the glass and from the ADF.
    Notice that the result from the ADF seems slightly better but not much.
    Some lines of text have missing heads i think this is because of the dust rings on the OPC.

Thank you for your help

Quote Originally Posted by ernesto View Post
    Hi, I understood that the machine works right as a printer but as a copier the copies are faded.

If it is this, the problem is in the reader unit. when do you put the document on the glass copyboard the copies are fade too ? and if you put the document in the Automatic Document Feeder......?

I hope to hear from you

All the best
    Hi, the problem is in the reader unit, may be there is dust in the mirrows. You can try to clean the mirrows 1,2,3,4

DSC_0076.jpg

I hope to hear from you.

ALL THE BEST
    Last edited by ernesto; 08-23-2014 at 02:06 PM.

SanDiegoCopierRepair.com 1,000+ Posts
    Canon ir2200 printing normal but produces faded copies

Before you do anything , start with something simple first. Check the default copy settings and if necessary -Change the Default - copy settings to text instead of photo/text.

Have you done a full PM? Optics clean? Dust rings on new drum after a few days? Sounds like the whole machine interior may be full of dust. I would take all the covers of and blow the unit out with an air compressor.
    Anything can be made to work if you fiddle with it long enough- San Diego Copier Repair.com

Thank you all for your replies, i will try them and keep you informed.
    unfortunately i don't have access to the copier rigthnow but tomorrow i will post updates.

Thank you again

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Dirty optics, then run shading correction. clean the light rod with a rag with alcohol as well as the glass, underneath the df glass as well as there's a white plate under there that it takes a sampling of at intervals
    copier > function > ccd > shdg-pos , sh-ps-st and sh-ps-st. Run all three all three should come back with ok. You may want to clean the lens itself with a blower brush.

Bonjour,

I'm sorry for not making any update yet, but since my last post, i can't join the owner of the copier so i don't have access to it yet.

As i wrote earlier, i will keep you informed. Thank you again for your support. I'm really sorry.