Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Canon 4580i

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts mramlawi's Avatar

Canon 4580i

Dear all ,

i have canon ir4580i ,which before i posted on same model Ir5180 , the problem is on printing the picture geting too dark , i wonder why i asked my colleage who had experience in Canon the told me it will be Driver Issue ,use the PS driver for photos,so i tried too many drivers and still the same result ,till by chance i visited a new client who had the same Canon model i tried to print from his machine and here i shocked that the same pic getin amazyin and so beautiful i saw which driver hes using he was using PS V14 who i already use it at my workshop , so i asked my friend (ernasto) who is a member on this site and he helped me thanks for him ,i asked him if theres a Canon Bulltin he seeked for me and he found sth in service mode leval 2 body theres a value must be 1 instead 0 , i tried it also got the same problem till today i enterd the service mode and adjust in the color i increase the value and the pic totally changed also when i was at the new client i wrote down the values of his machine at level 2 and i puted it the same .

my quastion is there any more adjust must do or values must change thanks alots !

PS: the darkness in the Blue color i increased the blue value and it works but not the same result of the new customer but the blue getting a lil fading.

also the Drums are all good in copy no problem .
    Distinguished road makes you jewel in rough

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Canon 4580i

Re: Canon 4580i

Quote Originally Posted by mramlawi View Post
    Dear all ,

i have canon ir4580i ,which before i posted on same model Ir5180 , the problem is on printing the picture geting too dark , i wonder why i asked my colleage who had experience in Canon the told me it will be Driver Issue ,use the PS driver for photos,so i tried too many drivers and still the same result ,till by chance i visited a new client who had the same Canon model i tried to print from his machine and here i shocked that the same pic getin amazyin and so beautiful i saw which driver hes using he was using PS V14 who i already use it at my workshop , so i asked my friend (ernasto) who is a member on this site and he helped me thanks for him ,i asked him if theres a Canon Bulltin he seeked for me and he found sth in service mode leval 2 body theres a value must be 1 instead 0 , i tried it also got the same problem till today i enterd the service mode and adjust in the color i increase the value and the pic totally changed also when i was at the new client i wrote down the values of his machine at level 2 and i puted it the same .

my quastion is there any more adjust must do or values must change thanks alots !

PS: the darkness in the Blue color i increased the blue value and it works but not the same result of the new customer but the blue getting a lil fading.

also the Drums are all good in copy no problem .
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

best option for printing pictures is to load them into PC> open your Photo Editor Program > examine its properties how pic was taken> then adjust your settings in PHOTO EDITOR PROGRAM.

this is because all printers are different>all photos are taken a different way

SCR-SLCT ---LEVEL 2=Used to select half-tone process for photographic printing paper/photo mode.
    0: Use error diffusion method
    1: Use low-line-count screen [Factory default/After RAM clear]
    2: Use high-line-count screen

BK-4CSW ---LEVEL 2 = Used to select color mode used in photo mode.
    0: OFF (Use monochrome mode when reading monochrome documents in printed photo or photographic printing paper photo
    mode.)
    1: ON (Use simple color mode when reading monochrome documents in printed photo or photographic printing paper photo
    mode.)
    Instead of creating monochrome images in 4 colors, simple color mode applies only a very small amount of Y/M/C toner to the
    ITB

SZDT-SW ---LEVEL 2 = Use it to enable/disable the switch-over from CCD size detection to photo size detection for copyboard original size detection.
    Settings
    0: Size detection by CCD (Default) ;
    1: Size detection by photo sensor
    [Factory default/After RAM clear: 0]
    - This is for individual user (glare protection), not used normally.
    - When the value is set as '1', original size detection at open/close of the pressure plate is not performed. For detection of the
    original size (without lightning the scanning lamp), original size sensor (photo sensor) is required

MIX-FLG ---LEVEL 2= Use it to select an image field flag (for image synthesis).
    Selects the image processing method which is performed when a combined image cannot be compressed at a certain compression ratio on the main controller side.
    Setting value
    0: Image processing equivalent to the PDL character mode
    1: Image processing equivalent to the PDL photo mode
    2: Image processing equivalent to the SCAN character mode
    3: Image processing equivalent to the SCAN photo mode
    [Factory default/After RAM clear: 0]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A guide to required file sizes for printing out photos
    guide shows you the kind of quality you can expect when you're printing out your photos.

http://www.urban75.org/photos/print.html
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Canon 4580i

Re: Canon 4580i

If u have a RIP attached---------------

From color setup for the imagePASS H1 change the rendering style from presentation to photographic, this will help to correctly reproduce red when printing

Also BLUE is different between presentation and photographic mode
    ================================================== ========================================
    1. First determine if the document you are trying to print contains any imported images.

2. Save the images in EPS format and then re-import them into your document. EPS is the recommended format for images imported into page layout, illustration, and office applications.

3. If you are using Adobe Photoshop to save your images as EPS but are still experiencing problems printing, save the image as EPS with binary encoding instead of JPEG encoding. *Note:
    An alternative to re-importing images is to save your document as a PostScript file by choosing the Print to File option from within the applications Print dialog box. Remember to create the document with a *.ps extension.

All RGB images placed in your documents are affected by the RGB Source and Rendering Style driver settings. The RIP applies the specified RGB source setting and then uses the specified Rendering Style to perform the color conversion to CMYK. If you apply ICC profiles to the RGB images using your application's color management tools, the application does the conversion, instead of the ColorPASS, and then sends CMYK data to the RIP.
    TIP:
    If you have multiple RGB images, some photographic and some non photographic, choosing a single Rendering Style may not be adequate for all the images. In this case you can:
    1. Convert the photographic images to CMYK using Photoshop or any pixel-editing application.
    2. Perform a color correction.
    3. Save the image as an EPS file and import it into your document.

-or-
    1. Save the RGB image as a TIFF file.
    2. Import the image into your document and assign it an ICC profile and rendering intent. This will only work if your application supports this feature.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts mramlawi's Avatar

Smile Re: Canon 4580i

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    If u have a RIP attached---------------

From color setup for the imagePASS H1 change the rendering style from presentation to photographic, this will help to correctly reproduce red when printing

Also BLUE is different between presentation and photographic mode
    ================================================== ========================================
    1. First determine if the document you are trying to print contains any imported images.

2. Save the images in EPS format and then re-import them into your document. EPS is the recommended format for images imported into page layout, illustration, and office applications.

3. If you are using Adobe Photoshop to save your images as EPS but are still experiencing problems printing, save the image as EPS with binary encoding instead of JPEG encoding. *Note:
    An alternative to re-importing images is to save your document as a PostScript file by choosing the Print to File option from within the applications Print dialog box. Remember to create the document with a *.ps extension.

All RGB images placed in your documents are affected by the RGB Source and Rendering Style driver settings. The RIP applies the specified RGB source setting and then uses the specified Rendering Style to perform the color conversion to CMYK. If you apply ICC profiles to the RGB images using your application's color management tools, the application does the conversion, instead of the ColorPASS, and then sends CMYK data to the RIP.
    TIP:
    If you have multiple RGB images, some photographic and some non photographic, choosing a single Rendering Style may not be adequate for all the images. In this case you can:
    1. Convert the photographic images to CMYK using Photoshop or any pixel-editing application.
    2. Perform a color correction.
    3. Save the image as an EPS file and import it into your document.

-or-
    1. Save the RGB image as a TIFF file.
    2. Import the image into your document and assign it an ICC profile and rendering intent. This will only work if your application supports this feature.

thank you teckat for your response ,
    im not using Fiery in this machine . i will try your instructions thanks again
    Distinguished road makes you jewel in rough