Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: IR5020, E003

Technician

IR5020, E003

In the service manual for the E003 it suggests replacing the SSR, but.... after searching and searching through the
    parts manual there is no SSR to be found, anywhere. Is it part of the power supply board? I went through the wiring
    diagram and found no reference to the SSR in there either. I replaced the upper fuser with a new unit, still codes.
    It seems to overheat up to 212 C before it cuts off and eventually codes.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: IR5020, E003

What's SSR?
    in SM:

Technician

OK, troubleshooting section, my bad. Going for the DC controller next. The SSR is mentioned in the back
    section on error codes.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by milldew View Post
    In the service manual for the E003 it suggests replacing the SSR, but.... after searching and searching through the
    parts manual there is no SSR to be found, anywhere. Is it part of the power supply board? I went through the wiring
    diagram and found no reference to the SSR in there either. I replaced the upper fuser with a new unit, still codes.
    It seems to overheat up to 212 C before it cuts off and eventually codes.
    A number of issues have to be looked at;
    1.You talked of replacing the upper fuser unit,after replacing does the heater roller heat up?If so is the thermistor attached to the roller?
    2.Did you try to verify the wiring in unit 1?
    3.After clearing the error thru service mode COPIER>FUNCTION>CLEAR>ERROR>OK,does the copier restart normally?
    4.Did you check on the fixing Bushings to ascertain whether,they are worn out?
    5.There are two thermistors on the fuser unit try to check whether they are clean.
    6.SSR means solid state relay which is an electronic component that switches on and off the heater lamps which in this case may not be applicable here.
    7.On rare occassions do we go to the DC controller after exhaustably going thru the above step.
    Good luck!

Technician

I replaced the entire upper fuser, which means all of the parts you mentioned are new. Yes, it heats up. I said in my previous
    post that it went up to 212 C. I replaced the DC controller today. Now it tops out at 205 C. no code yet.
    BTW I know what an SSR is, just didn't know where it is located on this machine.