Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Post 5035 Magenta color blur

Hello

We have a problem with one 5035 machine and we are running out of ideas what might cause the problem. The magenta color is sort of blurred like in the picture attached.
    0683_001.pdf

New drum, new developing assembly and new TR Belt. The next thing might be to replace the laser, we removed the laser and cleaned it though. But before that I wanted to post here since I find solutions here all the time.

//kripp

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    5035 Magenta color blur

Re: 5035 Magenta color blur

Quote Originally Posted by Kripp View Post
    Hello

We have a problem with one 5035 machine and we are running out of ideas what might cause the problem. The magenta color is sort of blurred like in the picture attached.
    0683_001.pdf

New drum, new developing assembly and new TR Belt. The next thing might be to replace the laser, we removed the laser and cleaned it though. But before that I wanted to post here since I find solutions here all the time.

//kripp
    ================================================== ====

Did u print out a GRID TEST PRINT ?? PG6
    or a test print TYPE 10

Make sure nothing is preventing Drum from seating properly

Perform a REG CLR in service mode level 2: Copier > Function > Clear > REG-CLR.

CAUTION:
    - When removing the Laser Scanner Unit, be sure to check the serial numbers affixed on both units and installation position of the units before operation.
    - Before installing the units, be sure to see the forgoing serial numbers and install each unit to the original position. It the unit is installed reversely, the image displacement might occur.
    - DO NOT disassemble the Laser Scanner Unit.
    - At installation, push the protrusion of Laser Scanner Unit into the hole of rear plate and adjust the front boss with the plate hole and install it.

PART NUMBERS:
    FM3-5420-010 iR-ADV C5051 / C5045
    FM3-5425-010 iR-ADV C5035 / C5030

The Laser Scanner Unit 1 is located on the left side when facing the front of the machine.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    ================================================== ====

Did u print out a GRID TEST PRINT ?? PG6
    or a test print TYPE 10

Make sure nothing is preventing Drum from seating properly

Perform a REG CLR in service mode level 2: Copier > Function > Clear > REG-CLR.

The Laser Scanner Unit 1 is located on the left side when facing the front of the machine.

Yeah I tried doing the grid test and every color is aligned just fine, one funny thing is that the lines are almost green. Compared the page with another one from another machine and those lines where all black and from this one more darkgreen lines. And with PG type 10 you can see blur on the top and bottom end of the magenta lines, Iam not at work at the moment but I could scan and upload those tomorrow. One thing to notice is that the magenta line with PG10 on this machine is more pink than red.

Will try the REG CLR tomorrow and report back! Thanks for the reply though.

//Kripp

Technician

Hello again!

Tried the reg clear today but the problem still is there, this is how the PG10 looks like (Dont mind the white lines between but notice how the magenta color is darker at the top and brighter at the bottom). And the "blur" on top of the magenta lines.
    0684_001.pdf

Will try to swap the laser unit today with another one.

//Kripp

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    5035 Magenta color blur

Looks like you have a registration problem on both axis. Try to fix that.

Did you replace the ITB Cleaner ?

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by V-P View Post
    Looks like you have a registration problem on both axis. Try to fix that.

Did you replace the ITB Cleaner ?
    Yeah I think the laser is not really aligned or in position. But I am gonna swap lasers soon, but have had a busy morning so have not had the time yet.
    The ITB cleaner is new, the first thing we did was to try another ITB belt and we had a used one in storage, with a brand new belt and cleaner.

//Kripp

Technician

Talking Re: 5035 Magenta color blur

Swapped Laser Scanner Unit from another machine and the problem is gone! Guess I should have tried that to begin with, but thanks to all those who replied!

//Kripp