Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

ImagePass M2 stuck at Connection Established

I'm connecting an ImagePass M2 to ir105 for the first time. I factory rest the M2, input in the ip manually and the M2 is establishing a connection with the IR105
    and the ethernet/PC but since the factory reset the display doesn't go past "connection established."

Could there be something I'm missing? Do I need to run setup again? Can I factory reset without being able to access the set-up?

Technician

Re: ImagePass M2 stuck at Connection Established

Just some things I've played around with since yesterday.

On the 105 - The Int-Con is set at 4. I tried 3 also. The IR105 was giving Error 732 yesterday, I checked all cables, unplugged, replugged and that's now gone but I get "reboot this device" on the LCD randomly.

On the M2 - I can enter config mode. Under network, it's saying Ethernet interface not configured. Could that be causing it to hang at connection established and not go to the Idle/RIP screen?

- If I don't turn the 105 on and boot the M2 it does tell me to connect Imagerunner. Then when I do connect Imagerunner, it establishes the connection the M2 stops there with green light above. So it's connecting, just not getting me passed that.

I'm thinking an IP issue between them, but I can't re-enter setup.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jjjg View Post
    Just some things I've played around with since yesterday.

On the 105 - The Int-Con is set at 4. I tried 3 also. The IR105 was giving Error 732 yesterday, I checked all cables, unplugged, replugged and that's now gone but I get "reboot this device" on the LCD randomly.

On the M2 - I can enter config mode. Under network, it's saying Ethernet interface not configured. Could that be causing it to hang at connection established and not go to the Idle/RIP screen?

- If I don't turn the 105 on and boot the M2 it does tell me to connect Imagerunner. Then when I do connect Imagerunner, it establishes the connection the M2 stops there with green light above. So it's connecting, just not getting me passed that.

I'm thinking an IP issue between them, but I can't re-enter setup.
    ================================================== ====================
    Verify that the imagePASS and the Copier are connected via a crossover cable (not a straight through cable or a rollover cable).
    Test the cable to verify it is good (can connect two computers together with it and have each one try to ping the other's ip address).

Is the service mode COPIER>OPTION>INT-FACE>IMG–CONT set to "4" ?
    Is there a dedicated, grounded electrical outlet near the copier for the iR-M3 ?
    Is the network connection ready and tested for iR-M2 installation ?
    Verify that the network is functioning before you attach the iR-M2:

default password is
    Fiery.1

You should not run the iR-M3 and the copier on the same circuit.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Technician

Thanks, I'll try testing the cable tomorrow, it is a farely old crossover cable. I used it with the Canon105 and the M1.

The M2 is not asking me to input a password at any point. Just goes to Connection Established and stays.

The IntCont is at 4, it was at 4 with the M1 as well.

Network connection was ready and working with M1. When I turn off the M2, the PC does recognize that a network cable is unplugged.

Ground wire/ Dedicated circuit for the Image Runner, it's different panel all together than the one the M2 is plugged into.

Weird thing is it went to Idle past the connection established before the reset. I wish it could be undone. Like going back to a restore point. lol

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jjjg View Post
    Thanks, I'll try testing the cable tomorrow, it is a farely old crossover cable. I used it with the Canon105 and the M1.

The M2 is not asking me to input a password at any point. Just goes to Connection Established and stays.

The IntCont is at 4, it was at 4 with the M1 as well.

Network connection was ready and working with M1. When I turn off the M2, the PC does recognize that a network cable is unplugged.

Ground wire/ Dedicated circuit for the Image Runner, it's different panel all together than the one the M2 is plugged into.

Weird thing is it went to Idle past the connection established before the reset. I wish it could be undone. Like going back to a restore point. lol
    --------------------------------------------------------
    to connect an imagePASS M2 with System Software version 2.0 or Higher
    your 105 needs firmware at least the listed ver. below
    imageRUNNER 105
    MN-CONT

when did a M1 come into the picture

INT-FACE-IMG-CONT: Setting for M1 should be "1" or "3"

"1" imagePass-M1 or L1 with version 1.x

"3" imagePass-M1 with version 2.x

Open the M2 & remove>re-seat

SDRAM pcb.

Entering Diagnostic Mode
    if possibel

1. Reboot the imagePASS M1 / L1 / M2.
    2. When prompted with the 'Press any key for Config Mode' message, press any key.
    3. The Config Mode menu will appear. Select Diagnostics.

* This Diagnostic Mode will allow you to test all the hardware on the imagePASS M1 / L1 / M2.
    Note: You can test the imagePASS M1 / L1 / M2's connection to the imageRUNNER by selecting Run Diagnostics from the idle menu (when the M1 / L1 / M2 is booted to idle). These diagnostic tests are very different from the Hardware Diagnostics Mode available in Config Mode.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**