Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Technician

Re: IRC2380 Poor Black Solids

Try the following....
    service mode>copier>function>cleaning>TNR-COAT
    This will put a coating of yellow toner onto the secondary transfer roller that will Improve transfer.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    IRC2380 Poor Black Solids

Sometimes you need to take off the laser lid and clean inside.
    When you think you have made a procedure idiot proof your company employs a better idiot.

Technician

try the following...
    copier>function>cleaning>TNR-COAT
    this will put a coating of yellow toner on the secondary transfer roller that will improve transfer.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by skynet View Post
    Sometimes you need to take off the laser lid and clean inside.
    +1 on this. Each color has its own laser. I have removed and cleaNed the inside mirrors on quite a few. Have u looked at color balance settings under settings/registration? I would clear that out and see if factory default looks better.
    Good luck

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Red face Re: IRC2380 Poor Black Solids

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    Got an issue with an irc2380, basically the black prints are feint, I have attached a PG10 sample, the blacks looks gray, YMC all have perfect solids.
    So far I have replaced the black drum & ITB, cleaned the laser glass (thoughly) & cleaned all contacts, this initally improved but the issue soon returned.
    The DENS level is fine so I don't feel it's a lack of toner issue, any ideas!?
    Attachment 26652
    Dear copier tech & ALL,
    Thank you for your post. The step you took in cleaning the laser glass, among others, was a step in the right direction and that's why you were able to register some initial success although briefly. Whenever I'm confronted with a problem of this type be it in a canon or HP machines, I have done nothing else to solve the problem other than CLEANING, CLEANING & CLEANING thoroughly WELL the LASER EXPOSURE UNIT! And each time I do that it has worked for me very well.
    This is a pragmatic & simple solution with one PARAMOUNT condition though: You have to be very DILIGENT & PATIENT in doing the cleaning, paying great attention to detail,and being always ALERT that you are handling a precision part, any mistake in a shift in the position of the mirror or lens can render the unit useless, since the laser light path will be deviated from its prescribed direction!

Now here we go:
    1)- Remove the laser unit in charge of printing the black color from the machine; take off the lid and the vertical cover to expose the corrective lens and motor, from the lens unit.
    2)-Using a lint free cotton swab(similar to one you use to clean ears) or a piece of lint free rug, clean, clean & clean thoroughly well, the following components of the laser unit:
    -The GUIDE MIRROR: Since it is responsible for directing the laser beam in the direction of the drum.
    -The CORRECTIVE LENS: Since it is the one which corrects the displacement of the laser light coming from the guide mirror, in the main scan direction.
    -The POLYGON Mirror.
    -The Dust Proof blocking Glass.
    Note:You may slightly wet the cotton swab or rug in clean water to clean the mirrors, especially the ends to remove some of the 'stubborn stains'. Then wipe again with a dry rug or swab.
    You may repeat this cleaning operation until you are completely satisfied with cleanliness.
    -Put back the laser unit covers and reinstall back into the machine; clean the vicinity!

NEXT:Open and clean the optics inside the scanning unit of the machine to rid of condensation and dirt; don't forget to clean the Copy board glass and stream reading glass as well.

-Finally, Stresses(both physical, thermal & electrical) to which the machine has been subjected over time has caused a shift in some vital parameters of the various components responsible for image formation in the machine, resulting into deterioration in Image Quality! Therefore, perform an AUTO GRADATION Adjustment(in user mode) to adjust the Toner density; in the process, this function also corrects the laser output, allowing ideal image gradation characteristics to be obtained!

It may be a tedious process but cheaper than replacing a laser unit.
    Enjoy a Superior copy quality!!!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Rachid.Akli's Avatar

Hi to all,

What about if the hopper is not supplying the drum (dev) with toner ? The value of the following address should be around "0" : Service mode > Display > Dens > SGNL-K. If it isn't the case, verify your black hopper.

Rachid.
    "Find a job you love and you’ll never have to work a day in your life." Nagy's father

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    IRC2380 Poor Black Solids

i've not been back for a few weeks, the customer mainly prints text so it's not very noticeable, but at next visit I will try what has been suggested so far.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk