Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Canon IRC2380I won't print on the paper and makes drumming sound

Hi,

I've got a problem with my very expensive Canon Photocopier and the tech support won't respond to my queries or assist me despite having a maintenance contract for 5 years!

I was printing a 1,000 page document. It was printing fine, I had to change the black toner half way through the print job. The toner was changed and it carried on printing fine. Suddenly a loud ish drumming sound started happening. I then noticed that the paper started coming out without any print on it but just the occasional sheet with black ink on the edge of the paper. The print job was printing duplex at the time.

I've cancelled the print job, switched the machine off to let it rest. I tried to print a single sheet of paper on one side and it still made the same drumming sound and didn't print on the paper but still left the streak of ink on the edge of the paper. It is worth noting that the machine makes the loud drumming sound even when simply switching it on without doing any printing. The drumming sound, sounds continuous.

Does anyone know what is wrong with my copier. I urgently need to get it working again. Greatly appreciate the assistance.

Regards
    Martin

Saints24

Re: Canon IRC2380I won't print on the paper and makes drumming sound

Quote Originally Posted by martinn12005 View Post
    Hi,

I've got a problem with my very expensive Canon Photocopier and the tech support won't respond to my queries or assist me despite having a maintenance contract for 5 years!

I was printing a 1,000 page document. It was printing fine, I had to change the black toner half way through the print job. The toner was changed and it carried on printing fine. Suddenly a loud ish drumming sound started happening. I then noticed that the paper started coming out without any print on it but just the occasional sheet with black ink on the edge of the paper. The print job was printing duplex at the time.

I've cancelled the print job, switched the machine off to let it rest. I tried to print a single sheet of paper on one side and it still made the same drumming sound and didn't print on the paper but still left the streak of ink on the edge of the paper. It is worth noting that the machine makes the loud drumming sound even when simply switching it on without doing any printing. The drumming sound, sounds continuous.

Does anyone know what is wrong with my copier. I urgently need to get it working again. Greatly appreciate the assistance.

Regards
    Martin
    Sounds like the ITB cleaning blade flipped or your ITB Belt is torn. (Intermediate Transfer Belt) or your black drum unit is bound up.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

i agree, ITB blade flipped, usually blank copies and a horrible noise. Do you still have a service contract?

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by martinn12005 View Post
    Hi,

Regards
    Martin
    =========================================

5yr Service Contract & will not provide service call
    u have a Lawyer ??

where are u located ?/

Is it like a Clicking Noise
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**