Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: firmware issu

Riyadh hossain

firmware issu

For firmware storing needs USB stick 1GB or less and FAT format .But now 1GB or less usb stick is not available in market ,
    Have any alternate way to store firmware files for firmware update????
    Sometime I use 4GB,FAT32 format but all time it does not work and vanish automatically, when I insert in pc,pc show need to format before using this device . Have any solution about USB stick for firmware update????? please help

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    firmware issu

Re: firmware issu

Quote Originally Posted by Riyadh hossain View Post
    For firmware storing needs USB stick 1GB or less and FAT format .But now 1GB or less usb stick is not available in market ,
    Have any alternate way to store firmware files for firmware update????
    Sometime I use 4GB,FAT32 format but all time it does not work and vanish automatically, when I insert in pc,pc show need to format before using this device . Have any solution about USB stick for firmware update????? please help
    ---------------------------------
    U probably removed that USB from your PC without "safely removing the hardware procedure"

Try to access the flash drive on a different computer and check if you can access the data. If you can then copy them to the hard drive and then try to format the flash drive and check it.
    ================================================== ========

or---
    -first try your anti virus software to scan the usb drive .

Support Group>

To save the firmware on Stick >without a need to format it>
    -next,find out the drive letter that your USB stick is. Let's say for argument's sake that it is the F drive.
    Go to the start menu, and search for "run". Open that and type CMD. Depending on your Windows version, you can simply type CMD into the search bar and open the Command Prompt.
    When this is open, type the following, without the brackets: [Chkdsk F: /r] Also remember that I am using the letter F as a reference, yours may be another but you can find it in My Computer.
    Back to the point, when you have pressed enter, it will start repairing damaged files and you will see some of your filenames (relief!) before it finally asks if you want to save lost chains into another location. These are essentially remnants of damaged files, I tend to click "Yes" just in case.
    Your USB drive should now be working.

If not, u may need a Recovery Tool-----------------

or see below if applies to your issue

================================================== =====================

never had a problem with larger USB GB Stick for iR's multi-models/ the Canon USB Firmware is smaller because it has only English Files--/ U can drag a models SST Firmware Folder on to a USB Stick to use in models that support USB for downloading/or updates.

Note:
    CAUTION: System Software for the imagePRESS C7000VP/C6000VP/C6000 and imagePRESS C7010VP/C6010VP/C6010 can not reside on the same memory stick.
    Last edited by teckat; 10-12-2014 at 06:58 PM.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**