Talking Canon IRC3200/IRC2620 Color misregisteration

I have irc3200 , it was work fine until I removed all 4 laser units to clean it from dust , after 2 days later I got color misregisteration
    I did Auto gradation , cleaned inside ITB assembly ,and adjusted laser cam ,after that the problem gone and I had a good copy
    one day later , I got the same issue "color misregisteration"
    I replaced 2 laser units (black & cyan) , cleared DC-CON , I did Auto gradation ,and cleaned pattern sensor ,after that I got a good PG test 6 finely.
    2 days later "color misregisteration" came back again and I have to repeat all previous steps every other day .
    please help
    thanks in advance

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts mramlawi's Avatar

Re: Canon IRC3200/IRC2620 Color misregisteration

Maybe its an itb problem remove it and clean it , also there the adjust sensor where located up the bypass clean it also and make full adjust and it will work
    Distinguished road makes you jewel in rough

Quote Originally Posted by mramlawi View Post
    Maybe its an itb problem remove it and clean it , also there the adjust sensor where located up the bypass clean it also and make full adjust and it will work
    thanks for reply ,
    I already did itb clean , still have same problem
    thanks

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Canon IRC3200/IRC2620 Color misregisteration

Quote Originally Posted by dohha View Post
    thanks for reply ,
    I already did itb clean , still have same problem
    thanks
    -------------:-D
    iR3200_TP03 174f.pdf (1.77 MB, 0 views)

Most important, did u remove the ITB drive gear unit & inspect the gears\ the helical gears (/////) wear down and walk over each other.
    U need to remove to check, a peak in will not do.

The Swing Gear Assembly will now be called the Swing Plate Unit, part number FM3-3775-000 and only one 42T gear [ FU7-0403-000] can be replaced.
    The other gear is pressed in and cannot be replaced separately. If both gears are damaged a new Swing Plate Unit must be replaced. If only the driving 42T gear [FU7-0403-000] is damaged it can alone be replaced.
    SWING UNIT_iR3200.JPGSWING UNIT-PIC_iR3200.JPG

>You may need to replace the Pattern Reader Assembly\ solved many registration issues , when all other procedures were tried.

>After aligning all Laser Assemblies it may be necessary to initiate a fine adjust to achieve proper alignment. To do this start with the Black Laser Assembly.
    Move the alignment gear one tooth at a time and then let the machine perform a registration adjustment. Usually, you will have to perform this fine adjustment a few times until the registration is close enough for the machine to correct it automatically.

>Did u record the laser #numbers from their top label into service mode_?

>Check the connections to the DC Controller. The Laser connectors are dove tail type. If the dove tails are not positioned in the groove, the connection to the DC Controller may be poor. Reseat the connector by pressing the dove tails into the grooves while inserting the connector.

How old is ITB SHEET_?\ they strech over time*
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by teckat; 10-17-2014 at 05:36 AM.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    -------------:-D
    iR3200_TP03 174f.pdf (1.77 MB, 0 views)

Most important, did u remove the ITB drive gear unit & inspect the gears\ the helical gears (/////) wear down and walk over each other.
    U need to remove to check, a peak in will not do.

The Swing Gear Assembly will now be called the Swing Plate Unit, part number FM3-3775-000 and only one 42T gear [ FU7-0403-000] can be replaced.
    The other gear is pressed in and cannot be replaced separately. If both gears are damaged a new Swing Plate Unit must be replaced. If only the driving 42T gear [FU7-0403-000] is damaged it can alone be replaced.
    SWING UNIT_iR3200.JPGSWING UNIT-PIC_iR3200.JPG

>You may need to replace the Pattern Reader Assembly\ solved many registration issues , when all other procedures were tried.

>After aligning all Laser Assemblies it may be necessary to initiate a fine adjust to achieve proper alignment. To do this start with the Black Laser Assembly.
    Move the alignment gear one tooth at a time and then let the machine perform a registration adjustment. Usually, you will have to perform this fine adjustment a few times until the registration is close enough for the machine to correct it automatically.

>Did u record the laser #numbers from their top label into service mode_?

>Check the connections to the DC Controller. The Laser connectors are dove tail type. If the dove tails are not positioned in the groove, the connection to the DC Controller may be poor. Reseat the connector by pressing the dove tails into the grooves while inserting the connector.

How old is ITB SHEET_?\ they strech over time*
    THANK YOU SIR,
    but how can I record the laser #numbers from their top label into service mode_?
    let me know please, because I replaced 2 laser units , and I did not record any #number
    waiting for reply

Quote Originally Posted by dohha View Post
    THANK YOU SIR,
    but how can I record the laser #numbers from their top label into service mode_?
    let me know please, because I replaced 2 laser units , and I did not record any #number
    waiting for reply
    ====================================

Sorry , was thinking of iRC5180 SERIES LASER UNITS--
    ----------------------------------------------------------

on the 3200 Series -

*After Removing the Laser Unit
    If you have replaced the laser unit, execute the following service mode:

COPIER>FUNCTION>LASER>L-ADJ-0

Automatically adjusts laser emission quantity.
    Execute this item in the following cases:
    If a laser unit was replaced (if the Y, M, C or K unit was replaced or if multiple units were replaced simultaneously)
    • If the DC controller PCB was replaced
    • If the DC controller PCB’s RAM was cleared
    1) Remove all 4 color drum units, and close the front cover.
    2) Select this item, and press the OK key to execute the operation. The operation stops automatically.
    3) When automatic adjustment has finished, “END” is displayed in the screen.
    Note: The DC controller uses the photo diode in the laser unit to automatically measure the light quantity when each laser emits its minimum light quantity.
    This operation is used to compensate the time the laser lights during minimum light quantity emission.
    Each laser unit (Y/M/C/K) is adjusted in sequence.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

best way and probably easiest, is to do a P Print in service mode, clear the Main controller under clear, and input all the settings, do an auto grad. If i remember correctly when replacing lasers, there is a ATI out about setting cams correctly when replacing so the lasers go to the home position, been so long now, would have to check it on SIMS. These series machines often throw a wobbly with registration, if you retrace your steps, and the issue only happened after laser replacement, id dump the main controller and see how that works for you.

Quote Originally Posted by MunsterTech View Post
    best way and probably easiest, is to do a P Print in service mode, clear the Main controller under clear, and input all the settings, do an auto grad. If i remember correctly when replacing lasers, there is a ATI out about setting cams correctly when replacing so the lasers go to the home position, been so long now, would have to check it on SIMS. These series machines often throw a wobbly with registration, if you retrace your steps, and the issue only happened after laser replacement, id dump the main controller and see how that works for you.
    http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/at..._tp03-174f-pdf