Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: ir1023-1025

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

ir1023-1025

Why do these developer units suck so bad. Not even lasting 20k. What is the actual problem in the unit. Is it the doc blade, sleeve, mag roller or what. They always go light. Can I adjust dev bias or does anyone know of a fix aside from replacing the dev unit. Thx

ir1023-1025

Re: ir1023-1025

You can start change the bearings,bushings and mag roller if needed,other than a new dev unit.
    Runing on oem?
    Defects are simple, our mind is complicated

Thanks much. Yes running oem

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    ir1023-1025

Quote Originally Posted by T911 View Post
    Thanks much. Yes running oem
    ------:\
    Take out dev roller> wipe off > then use BRASSO cleaner polish, to polish roller> then clean off with alcohol damp cloth, then wipe clean with water damp cloth :-))
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

I'll give it a shot. I have about 15 dev units i would like to rebuild. Just looking to see exactly what the cause is. Thx

Quote Originally Posted by T911 View Post
    I'll give it a shot. I have about 15 dev units i would like to rebuild. Just looking to see exactly what the cause is. Thx
    Their problem is always doctor blade! Failure rate of this component is very high. As a 'trial version' or 'prototype' Get a used and discarded laser jet printer cartridges, I can't remember exactly which number, 49A, 35A etc, dismantle or disassemble to get access to the magnetic roller and doctor blade; make a physical comparison of the doctor blade with that of your ir1025 etc.
    Now begin to think hard on how you can modify by removing the flexible rubber blade of the cartridge and mounting it in place of the metallic blade of the ir 1025. Have a cobbler's gum ready at hand.

I have done this on quite a few units and their continued performance has since then amazed me!

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    ir1023-1025

Quote Originally Posted by DAG COPIERS & COMPUTERS View Post
    Their problem is always doctor blade! Failure rate of this component is very high. As a 'trial version' or 'prototype' Get a used and discarded laser jet printer cartridges, I can't remember exactly which number, 49A, 35A etc, dismantle or disassemble to get access to the magnetic roller and doctor blade; make a physical comparison of the doctor blade with that of your ir1025 etc.
    Now begin to think hard on how you can modify by removing the flexible rubber blade of the cartridge and mounting it in place of the metallic blade of the ir 1025. Have a cobbler's gum ready at hand.

I have done this on quite a few units and their continued performance has since then amazed me!
    ---------

Time to apply for a pattern, u never know
    May be like inventor of cotter pin

:-))
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**