Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

C1030 issue, bottom inch or so not printing or coming out sloppy. Help Needed

Below ive given a picture to help try and explain this problem, I'm new with canons so I am hoping to is something someones seen before, so basically the bottom inch or 2 are coming out real blotchy and when I did some screen shots that same area at the bottom of the page came out completely blank, This is all while the machine is in "Black" mode.
    So on a whim I replaced the primary transfer assembly and it had so effect, I have tried different drums, I have checked contacts between transfer and frame. the alignment units are unknown to me and I did look at them and notice they weren't all the same but no idea how to adjust or if nec. , lastly I changed the machine to color and made a screen shot and that same bottom inch or so came out a purple/red instead of black.
    this one has me stumped at the moment.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: C1030 issue, bottom inch or so not printing or coming out sloppy. Help Needed

Quote Originally Posted by SRF View Post
    Below ive given a picture to help try and explain this problem, I'm new with canons so I am hoping to is something someones seen before, so basically the bottom inch or 2 are coming out real blotchy and when I did some screen shots that same area at the bottom of the page came out completely blank, This is all while the machine is in "Black" mode.
    So on a whim I replaced the primary transfer assembly and it had so effect, I have tried different drums, I have checked contacts between transfer and frame. the alignment units are unknown to me and I did look at them and notice they weren't all the same but no idea how to adjust or if nec. , lastly I changed the machine to color and made a screen shot and that same bottom inch or so came out a purple/red instead of black.
    this one has me stumped at the moment.
    ================================================== =========================
    Make sure the development engagement shafts are not slightly out of phase when compared to each color.
    Correct the phase of the engagement shafts if needed----

ALSO------------

Check the Bias Contacts on the ITB > and on the frame of the imageRUNNER

Last edited by teckat; 10-23-2014 at 02:36 PM.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Technician

Re: C1030 issue, bottom inch or so not printing or coming out sloppy. Help Needed

So that have read those bulletins , is that saying they all must be in the same position. And how the heck do you adjust those ?

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

So that have read those bulletins , is that saying they all must be in the same position. And how the heck do you adjust those ?
    ========================================
    -When the developing disengagement solenoid (Bk: SL5015, YMC: SL5014) is turned OFF, the developing disengagement cam moves up the rear side of the developing assembly, so the developing cylinder is disengaged from the photosensitive drum with the principle of leverage.

-When the DC controller turns ON the developing disengagement solenoid, the drive of the fixing motor (M1) is sent to the developing disengagement cam, causing the cam to rotate. When the radius of the developing disengagement cam becomes shorter than the distance between the cam and the developing assembly, the developing cylinder is engaged with the photosensitive drum by the power of a spring.

The engagement/disengagement condition is detected by the developing disengagement sensor (Bk: SR711, YMC: SR712) based on the direction of the developing disengagement cam.

================================================== ===============================================
    The developing cylinder is engaged with or disengaged from the photosensitive drum as necessary for the following purposes.
    - To reduce the color photosensitive drum consumption at the time of monochrome printing
    - To prevent lines of the photosensitive drum due to engagement with the developing cylinder
    - To prevent toner transfer when printing is not performed
    ================================================== ===============================================

DEV CAM.JPG
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Technician

Back at the machine today , further testing . this is what doesn't add up. It's always the last page coming that is messing up , if you make 3 copies the first 2 come out fine the last one will be missing the bottom

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Rachid.Akli's Avatar

Back at the machine today , further testing . this is what doesn't add up. It's always the last page coming that is messing up , if you make 3 copies the first 2 come out fine the last one will be missing the bottom
    Hello,

What is the result if you print in monochrome (other than black) ?

Rachid.
    "Find a job you love and you’ll never have to work a day in your life." Nagy's father