Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

IPC1 dens-s too high.

I have an issue with C1+.
    I replaced all 4 developers. I did the INIT procedure.
    Magenta seems to have too week density.
    In DISP->DENS->DENS-S-M the value is 570, when other are in 370 range.

Do you have any clue what should i do?

it started with value of about 720 and went down to 570 in a few days, but it stuck now.

i want to increase density.

Thanks in advance!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: IPC1 dens-s too high.

Are you getting any error codes

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchman View Post
    Are you getting any error codes
    No errors at all...

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    IPC1 dens-s too high.

Quote Originally Posted by zukol21 View Post
    I have an issue with C1+.
    I replaced all 4 developers. I did the INIT procedure.
    Magenta seems to have too week density.
    In DISP->DENS->DENS-S-M the value is 570, when other are in 370 range.

Do you have any clue what should i do?

it started with value of about 720 and went down to 570 in a few days, but it stuck now.

i want to increase density.

Thanks in advance!
    ================================================== ========
    using OEM DEVELOPER ??

how old a DEV UNITS ???
    May be that M Sub Hopper is adding too much toner /over toning
    any e020 codes ?

execute auto gradation correction (full correction) before and after performing shading correction ?

COPIER>ADJUST>DENS>SGNL-Y/C/M/K arethe Initialization settings that the copier maintains and are located on the door sheet.

If the Initialization setting is not the same as the door sheet, be sure to enter the correct value and replace the Developer Unit.

If the ATR Sensor reading is over +/-50 of the Initialization setting; the ATR Sensor, Patch Detection Sensors, Drum Unit and DC Controller are suspect.
    Check the status of the Drum Unit under COPIER>COUNTER>DRBL-1>PT-DRM. The Patch Detection Sensors looks at patches of toner that are generated on the drum for each color and determines the amount of toner that is in each patch by the amount of reflected light. If the drum is not creating these patches correctly, the patch readings will be affected. Replace the Drum Unit if it is close to or over 100% of its rated life.
    If the Drum Unit is not close to or over its rated life, replace the ATR Sensor and Patch Detection Sensors. If the error continues replace the DC Controller.

If over toning continues to occur the Developing Clutch (CL1) may be sticking and need to be replaced.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    using OEM DEVELOPER ??

how old a DEV UNITS ???
    any e020 codes ?

execute auto gradation correction (full correction) before and after performing shading correction ?

COPIER>ADJUST>DENS>SGNL-Y/C/M/K arethe Initialization settings that the copier maintains and are located on the door sheet.

If the Initialization setting is not the same as the door sheet, be sure to enter the correct value and replace the Developer Unit.

If the ATR Sensor reading is over +/-50 of the Initialization setting; the ATR Sensor, Patch Detection Sensors, Drum Unit and DC Controller are suspect.
    Check the status of the Drum Unit under COPIER>COUNTER>DRBL-1>PT-DRM. The Patch Detection Sensors looks at patches of toner that are generated on the drum for each color and determines the amount of toner that is in each patch by the amount of reflected light. If the drum is not creating these patches correctly, the patch readings will be affected. Replace the Drum Unit if it is close to or over 100% of its rated life.
    If the Drum Unit is not close to or over its rated life, replace the ATR Sensor and Patch Detection Sensors. If the error continues replace the DC Controller.

If over toning continues to occur the Developing Clutch (CL1) may be sticking and need to be replaced.
    thanks so much for so deep insight!
    I'll go through your steps tomorrow.

I just wanted to ask about over toning you mentioned. You mean there is too much toner in the developing assembly? I feel the printouts of magenta are not strong enough.

IPC1 dens-s too high.

thanks so much for so deep insight!
    I'll go through your steps tomorrow.

I just wanted to ask about over toning you mentioned. You mean there is too much toner in the developing assembly? I feel the printouts of magenta are not strong enough.

Sorry, I meant undertone .\ lack of magenta\

Old dev units

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    using OEM DEVELOPER ??

how old a DEV UNITS ???
    any e020 codes ?

Ok so i did check everythig., the SGNL-M and intial values seems to be correct. I'm just wondering why DENS-S-M is so high. As far as i know its a ATR measure. Im just curious why thats the only color which is so high. I'm trying to put thick layer of toner, since i need that for later process. Any ideas?

IPC1 dens-s too high.

Ok so i did check everythig., the SGNL-M and intial values seems to be correct. I'm just wondering why DENS-S-M is so high. As far as i know its a ATR measure. Im just curious why thats the only color which is so high. I'm trying to put thick layer of toner, since i need that for later process. Any ideas?
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    one point to note: did u follow the Starter Developer Change Procedure

U must follow this procedure >>> see attachment pdf below
    ---

You can Best >adjust the Saturation value for a individual Color (M) on control panel settings or from within the application being used !!!!!

I would not go into service mode>COPIER>ADJUST>V-CONT settings to make changes,

LEVEL 2
    Adjust the target contrast electric potential (Y/M/C/K color).
    Adjustment method
    - The larger the setting value is, the darker the density is.

Adjustment range: -30 to 30 (Unit: 1V)
    [Factory setting value / Value after RAM clear: 0]
    Use of this mode must be avoided as much as possible when the machine has been operating
    normally.

================================================== ====
    these COPIER>DISPLAY VALUES are just for a reference & information point.

there are two values to look at under COPIER>DISPLAY>DENS

1-in Level 1
    COPIER>DISPLAY>DENS>DENS-Y/M/C

Calculated value of the developer density (Y/M/C) (The difference to the target value is displayed in %.)

The value is updated at the point when toner supply is performed after the main power switch was turned on.
    Correct value: -2.0 to 4.0%

2-
    in Level 2
    COPIER>DISPLAY>DENS>DENS-S-Y/M/C/K
    Detected density value of the sample image created in ATR control (Y/M/C/Bk)
    Correct value: 250 to 450

DENS.JPG
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by teckat; 10-27-2014 at 04:19 PM.

Technician

Re: IPC1 weak density M

the values seem to be correct now, but magenta is still weak.
    Is there any way to make dark points more dark? ofst-p-m makes light parts of gradation dark, but doesn't affect dark points. I'm still looking to make the magenta more dens.

IPC1 dens-s too high.

Re: IPC1 weak density M

the values seem to be correct now, but magenta is still weak.
    Is there any way to make dark points more dark? ofst-p-m makes light parts of gradation dark, but doesn't affect dark points. I'm still looking to make the magenta more dens.

======;-\

What is your set up ??
    imagePRESS Server Q2 V2

or imagePRESS Server T1 V2

Color UFR II/PCL/PS Printer Kit-P1> SEE ATTACHMENT

to darken a certain color u need to adjust all colors > ever hear of the PANTONE WHEEL CHART

What application are u using to print your document ?

What print driver are u using ?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    INTEGRATION WITH DESKTOP COLOUR MANAGEMENT

Your creative team can feel secure with the imagePRESS C1+ colour digital printing system as it seamlessly integrates with all desktop colour management solutions, supporting the Adobe®
    Creative Suite, QuarkXPressTM, and other applications. Printer drivers are Macintosh® and Windows® compatible. You can print what you see on your monitor with the imagePRESS
    C1+ colour digital printing system, removing the hassle of outputting multiple prints to check that you get what you want

Application Color Matching Priority
    There have been some cases that color reproducibility may become inappropriate if users perform color matching in the printer driver again though they have already done it in PC.

*When the check-box for Application Color Matching Priority under [ In Quality > Manual Color Settings > Color Settings > Matching > Application Color Matching Priority] is cleared, it can declare to the application software on PC that Driver handles ICM processing.

*This notice enables to perform Image Color Matching processing as designated in printer driver UI since the process is not done to the color values given from OS to driver.

*Though Application Color Matching Priority is set to on as default so that existing version can be compatible, when specified color tinge cannot be materialized, clearing the check box makes it manageable.

color match.JPG
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by teckat; 10-28-2014 at 04:14 PM.