Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Canon IR Adv C2020 - only 1st print ok, next prints have blue streaks / is darker

Ok, here are the PG's :

PG10-1-4.pdf : PG10 page 1 to 4
    PG5-D128-1-4.pdf : PG5 in Cyan on dens. 128 page 1 to 4
    PG5-D255-1-4.pdf : PG5 in Cyan on dens. 255 page 1 to 4

Hope these will help....
    Attached Files Attached Files

Re: Canon IR Adv C2020 - only 1st print ok, next prints have blue streaks / is darker

Quote Originally Posted by JPiek View Post
    Ok, here are the PG's :

PG10-1-4.pdf : PG10 page 1 to 4
    PG5-D128-1-4.pdf : PG5 in Cyan on dens. 128 page 1 to 4
    PG5-D255-1-4.pdf : PG5 in Cyan on dens. 255 page 1 to 4

Hope these will help....

ok, yes they helped.

I can't help but recall that you changed the Main Drive and it pulls me back to an issue I had with one of these boxes. it's not the same issue but it presented oddly and it may be similar cause.

Take back out the main drive and make sure you set it up correctly (see pages 298 - 303, in particular 301-303) and see if you note a diffrence.

I bring it up as there is a deffinitive line in change of tone on the solid Cyan blocks, I did ask for the other colours too and before doing what I suggest check them.

If I am right, you'll see a similar event happen on the other colours too, probably less noteable since its showing up on Cyan quite prominantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutstar View Post
    Take back out the main drive and make sure you set it up correctly (see pages 298 - 303, in particular 301-303) and see if you note a diffrence.
    These kind of replacements i do meticulously, i read the SM at least twice, and had it at hand when i replaced it. I hate doing those kind of repairs twice on a machine. I checked PG's when it was till open, they where fine, apart from the streaks in cyan.

I bring it up as there is a deffinitive line in change of tone on the solid Cyan blocks, I did ask for the other colours too and before doing what I suggest check them.
    They are fine, sorry... Tha's why i didn't add them...

The machine has quite a history by now. Other 2020's i hardly know we have 'em out on lease, same for a couple of 2380's.
    This one i have seen a dozen times and more in 3 years. Light prints, streaks, white lines, jamms, ITB damage, drum damage, early (40-70%) drum wear, damaged fuser.

If i can't get it fixed now, i think it's over for this one. We have a allmost new 5030 at the office, our servicedesk is taking about switching... The customer wants another one w/o problems.... But he probaly will not want to pay for a bigger machine...

Personaly, i don't think this will be the last problem with this machine, it had way to much battering.
    Still, app. 160.000 prints is just sad for a printer...
    With another customer, an 2380 is well over 360K, normal office use...

After each printjob i noticed the ITB had Cyan and greyisch lines and spots counterfeed on the surface. But not like the normal pattern, it looked more like loose toner... Only after a couple of cycles the ITB was clean again.
    I think this is the issue... maybe it is 'just' al leaking Cyan drum ?

Apart from the fact that it's eating drums as fast as toners by now...

These kind of replacements i do meticulously, i read the SM at least twice, and had it at hand when i replaced it. I hate doing those kind of repairs twice on a machine. I checked PG's when it was till open, they where fine, apart from the streaks in cyan.

They are fine, sorry... Tha's why i didn't add them...

The machine has quite a history by now. Other 2020's i hardly know we have 'em out on lease, same for a couple of 2380's.
    This one i have seen a dozen times and more in 3 years. Light prints, streaks, white lines, jamms, ITB damage, drum damage, early (40-70%) drum wear, damaged fuser.

If i can't get it fixed now, i think it's over for this one. We have a allmost new 5030 at the office, our servicedesk is taking about switching... The customer wants another one w/o problems.... But he probaly will not want to pay for a bigger machine...

Personaly, i don't think this will be the last problem with this machine, it had way to much battering.
    Still, app. 160.000 prints is just sad for a printer...
    With another customer, an 2380 is well over 360K, normal office use...
    ok, I would still take it back out myself, having gone in there before those pesky bits can still slip out but thats your call.

based on whats been done, you next course is the High Voltage PCB followed by the DC controller and then the Main control board in that order one at a time.

there is the bias transfer you could change after the High Voltage PCB (the part with springs that connects to the High Voltage PCB) but it's unlikely to be that, although that being said check them to make sure they aren't bent out of shape.

as an aside, comparing the IRA20XX series with the IRC2380 is unfair, more so when the replacement for the 2380 is the IRA50xx series.

I think this is the issue... maybe it is 'just' al leaking Cyan drum ?

Apart from the fact that it's eating drums as fast as toners by now...
    this rings a couple of alarm bells with me tbh, what is the monthly usage?
    Last edited by Nutstar; 10-31-2014 at 09:49 AM. Reason: additional note

Sorry i didn't reply yesterday. Had a day off replaceing door- an drawerfronts on my Ikeakitchen

Usage is 160.000 prints in about 3 years, so approx. 4500 prints in a month...

Sorry i didn't reply yesterday. Had a day off replaceing door- an drawerfronts on my Ikeakitchen

Usage is 160.000 prints in about 3 years, so approx. 4500 prints in a month...
    hope it was a sucess and they haven't fallen off or anything

ok, I asked for obvious reasons, the 2020 has an AVP of 5000 but based on your answer I guess you don't cllect the counters regularly.

I guess we go back to highvoltage assembly FM2-4018-080

questions regarding the actual machines status:

is the machine plugged directly into a wall socket or is it plugged into a floorbox/extension lead?

has the machine been moved recently?

Quote Originally Posted by Nutstar View Post
    hope it was a sucess and they haven't fallen off or anything
    Not yet But one didn't get delivered, and one i ordered the wrong size
    Oh, and i have some screws left over. but that seems normal with Ikeastuff...

ok, I asked for obvious reasons, the 2020 has an AVP of 5000 but based on your answer I guess you don't cllect the counters regularly.
    Only on visits, maintenance and repairs that is... So i would have to look back every call. Sales hav'em in a list, but i'm not getting it from them...

I guess we go back to highvoltage assembly FM2-4018-080
    the loose toner on the ITB still puzzles me, can it be a consequence of a failing HV PCB ?

is the machine plugged directly into a wall socket or is it plugged into a floorbox/extension lead?
    has the machine been moved recently?
    Yes and No....

1st step: rule out environment issues

Senior Tech 100+ Posts onlyinnewfoundland's Avatar

I'm looking at these cyan PG5's and I see pitch lines. Typically these machines tend to show the lines more as the drums wear...

I have had a nice few issues with these machines, but never go through drumsthat quick.

I would venture to try an HVT at this point to see what it does, but it literally could be just crappy drums. I've seen sets of these things DOA two and three times in a row. Not sure what the hell is happening with these drums - I think they had a bad run in manufacturing.

Not yet But one didn't get delivered, and one i ordered the wrong size
    Oh, and i have some screws left over. but that seems normal with Ikeastuff...

Only on visits, maintenance and repairs that is... So i would have to look back every call. Sales hav'em in a list, but i'm not getting it from them...

the loose toner on the ITB still puzzles me, can it be a consequence of a failing HV PCB ?

Yes and No....

1st step: rule out environment issues
    haha yea, do it yourself stuff usually adds extra stuff to make you doubt yourself with the 'mmm...I'm sure I don't need these but....'

yea, a failing HVT would mean that the charge on the drum surface isn't being applied correclty, this would explain the high attrition rate of the drums (damage through voltage applied) and could result in the toner both not sticking to the surface of the drum correclty and thus 'spilling'.

always worth asking, diffrent people have diffrent methods