Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Independent Service Tech 100+ Posts
    Canon IR3045 first copy jam in fuser exit?

Canon IR3045 first copy jam in fuser exit?

I have a Canon IR3045 which jams first thing in the morning for many weeks now. After the first jam it then runs. I had them change the paper to a certified Hamermill Plus paper (colortrack). I replaced the whole fuser assembly with no change. The copy coming out of the machine ocassionally has a curl across the page. The feed rollers have also been changed along with a full cleaning of the paper path. It is happening directly at the black gate just prior to going into the S1 finisher. The black gate has long fingers to redirect and guide the paper but the paper straddles the 2 or 3 long fingers of the gate closest to the front of the machine. There are no deformities on the gate I am aware of.

I have the paper turned 90 degrees to see if gives a different condition and will follow up. If it still jams then the customer will mover the paper to the lower tray position.

Thank you in advance for any help offered.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20 year tech's Avatar

Re: Canon IR3045 first copy jam in fuser exit?

there are foam dampers on the gate in the middle of the right side door that over time get sticky take some rubbing alcohol and clean the foam off till its not sticky anymore.
    you can leave it without the damper But I cut little strips of Velcro I have in my bag to replace them with.

WP_000289.jpg

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Rachid.Akli's Avatar

Hello,

This is a common issue in this models and there are many threads about it.

There is a door flapper that sticks on its dampers (especially in the morning) due to the fact that the flapper has not operated during all the night. Replace or eliminate (if eliminated, you will hear a slight "click" for each print).

Rachid.
    "Find a job you love and you’ll never have to work a day in your life." Nagy's father

There are foam pads above the fuser also that cause the exit gate to stick, and just above the part pictured in 20 years post there are pads under that big black gate.