canon ir 105 power problem

Hi
    My ir105 restart suddenly automatically . When I turn off it the machine didn't turn on. I have checked the fuse on power board .the Fuse was O.K. My co-worker did something and fixed it again but the machine turned off automatically after a while . Is it back to capacitor? Do you have any idea .??

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: canon ir 105 power problem

Quote Originally Posted by iust View Post
    Hi
    My ir105 restart suddenly automatically . When I turn off it the machine didn't turn on. I have checked the fuse on power board .the Fuse was O.K. My co-worker did something and fixed it again but the machine turned off automatically after a while . Is it back to capacitor? Do you have any idea .??
    --------;-\_?

Sleep Mode reduces power consumption even more than the Energy Saver Mode/ Low-Power Mode. You can put the machine in Sleep Mode whenever you desire by pressing the control panel power switch. However, there will be a slight delay when starting to use the machine next time. To reactivate the machine, press the control panel power switch.
    Note:
    - Turn the control panel switch OFF when not using your machine for a prolonged period of time, for example, at night.
    - The time taken for the machine to automatically enter the Sleep mode can be set from 10 minutes to 4 hours.

If the machine is not operated (no keys are pressed) for a certain period of time, the control panel power switch automatically switches off to save power. The machine enters Sleep Mode.

To configure the time it takes for the machine to automatically enter Sleep Mode:

1. Hit (Additional Functions) -> [Timer Settings] -> [Auto Sleep Time].

2. Enter the desired Auto Sleep time period with the up and down arrow keys, and press [OK].

* The Auto Sleep Time settings are 10, 15, 20, 30, 40, 50 minutes, 1 hour, 90 minutes, 2, 3, or 4 hours.

3. Press [Done]. The specified mode is set, and the display returns to the Basic Features screen
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Troubleshooting Wiring Short or DC Short Circuit to Ground for the IR105 Series😃

:-))
    Troubleshooting a Short Circuit in any machine may be difficult or easy.
    Please use procedure below to help make them easy.

👮
    Normally when a DC short circuit occurs, the control panel is black with the Green Led lit. This is in response to the safety circuit.
    One of the safety circuits can be reset by unplugging the machine and waiting 3-5 minutes.
    😎Note: Do not confuse this with Boot Rom or Memory issues.
    Yet a DC short can make you miss Remote Signals. Please read complete procedure first. It may save you valuable time.
    😐First remove the panel to expose the Relay PCB, verify what voltages are missing from the DC Power supply PCB and on the Relay PCB. This may help localize the issue for the next step. Note: If you were missing the 24VDC you may also be missing the 38VDC.
    😐Next shut down the machine and unplug it. Setup your meter to read 1000 Ohms. Connect one meter lead to machine ground and the other to the output voltage missing from the power supply in the previous step.
    Say for example you were missing the 24VU at J1703 pins 1, 2 and 3 (most common) you would check these pins to ground. If you read 0 Ohms (0 to 3) you have a 24V short to ground. Normal reading would be 150 to 300 Ohms depending on your meter. Also remove the connector in question from Relay PCB (in this case J1703) and check the resistance from the power supply Pins 1, 2, and 3.
    At this point you should read the 150 to 300 Ohms or Impedance to ground. If still 0 Ohms you have a shorted DC Power Supply and will need replacement. Also if you have a 5VDC or 8VDC short the normal reading may be 30 to 100 ohms. But we can all agree it should not be 0 ohms.
    🙈Note: If Power supply is not shorted reconnect the connector in question for the next step.
    👮After you have determined you have a short you will need to know the source. In the above case we had a 24VDC short to ground and will use this as an example. You will need to check Ohms to ground at all 24VDC outputs of the Relay PCB.
    After you have found a 24VDC short on a connector or connectors you will then need to remove the connector from the Relay PCB. In this case we will use J1718 pin 5 (most common) going to the DC Controller PCB. You need to check J1718 pin 5 (with the connector unplugged) to ground.
    If it is not shorted, check the pin 5 on the Relay PCB to see if it is shorted. If so you will need to replace the relay PCB. If the disconnected J1718 pin 5 is shorted we will reconnect it to the Relay PCB and remove the rear cover.
    😎Next locate J501 pin 5 on the DC Controller PCB. Remember this is all done with the machine turned off and unplugged. Remove J501 from the DC Controller PCB and check the resistance on Pin 5 to ground. If it has 0 ohms to ground, check the wiring to the Relay PCB.

While disconnected it should read 150 to 300 ohms. Now plug connector J501 back on the DC controller PCB and check J501 pin 5 to ground. If still shorted, you will read 0 ohms. While watching your meter, pull one connector off at a time until resistance changes from 0 ohms to 150 to 300 ohms.
    Split that connector so that A side and B side is separated. Insert the A side so it is connected on the DC Controller. If still shorted check all 24Vdc outputs on the General Circuit Diagram and test each one to ground. Use the same resistance check at the component to check wiring. Replace the item and retest.

Smile Re: canon ir 105 power problem

this solution is very useful. after check it on my copier. I decided to change wire cable completely that its result was good and my problem solved. It should be mention that 3 fuses (2fuses on power supply boards and 1 fuse on wire were OK)!!! sometimes solutions is very simple.

Quote Originally Posted by iust View Post
    this solution is very useful. after check it on my copier. I decided to change wire cable completely that its result was good and my problem solved. It should be mention that 3 fuses (2fuses on power supply boards and 1 fuse on wire were OK)!!! sometimes solutions is very simple.

*******;-)

Glad u found a fix.