Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    ss4real

Question Canon ir1023if scanning in black & white only via SEND

I have a Canon ir1023if that is set up to scan to a shared network folder. The SEND or Push scanning method via the email option works for black & white. But when selecting the "EMAIL: COLOR" option via the SEND options, the scan arrives in black & white still. Any ideas?

Please note: This machine was originally set up by a tech and the color scanning worked great, but we had a server crash which required resetting this machine.

Thanks in advance for your time

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Canon ir1023if scanning in black & white only via SEND

Re: Canon ir1023if scanning in black & white only via SEND

The imageRUNNER 1023iF/1025iF is capable of push scanning both color and black and white documents to an email address or file server destination.

When sending a fax or i-fax, color scanning is not an option.

To send in Color to an email address or file server select PDF (compact) or JPEG as the file format.
    To send in B&W to an email address or file server select TIFF or PDF as the file format.

Sending a Color and B&W Document

1. Place the document on the platen glass or load it in the ADF.

2. Press [Send]

3. Press [<-] or [->] arrow buttons to select the sending method, then press OK

*NOTE - If sending to a File Server (FTP) or (SMB) you need to select Email (B&W) or E-mail (Color)

4. Specify the destination.
    This can be done by using the Numeric Keys, One-Touch Buttons, Coded Dial Codes, Group Addresses, Address Book key, or Favorite Buttons.

5. Press OK

6. Press [<-] or [->] arrow buttons to select the file format, then press OK.
    E-mail (B&W): PDF or TIFF
    E-mail (Color): JPEG or PDF (Compact)

If you have specified an i-fax address in step 4, this setting is NOT available. The file format is automatically set to when sending an ifax .

NOTE: If you are sending to a file server (SMB or FTP) but did not select a sending method in step 3, your only file formats available will be TIFF and PDF for B&W sending. Therefore, if you want to send a color document to a file server (SMB or FTP) select E-mail (Color) in step 3.

7. Press [<-] or [->] arrow buttons to select On or OFF for Divide into Pages option then press OK
    OFF = Sends multiple images as a single file without dividing them.
    ON = Separates multiple images and sends them as separate files.

If you have selected JPEG in step 6, this setting is not available. Divide Into Pages is automatically set to ON when sending as a JPEG.

8. Press [<-] or [->] arrow buttons to select the desired resolution available, then press OK.
    If PDF Compact is selected as the file format only 300x300 dpi can be selected for sending.

9. Press [<-] or [->] arrow buttons to select the original type, the press OK.
    Options are Text, Photo, Text/Photo.
    If you have selected PDF Compact the Original Type is automatically selected to Text/Photo.

10. Press Start to begin sending.

There are 4 favorites buttons available that can be configured in the RUI.
    The Favorite buttons allow you to predefine Sending Location, File Format, Resolution, Divide into Pages, and Original Type options.

The default send settings can also be changed for the iR1023iF via the RUI or the Control Panel.

RUI: Additonal Functions > Common Settings > Send /Receive > Common > TX Settings

Control Panel: Additonal Functions >TX/RX Settings > Common > TX Settings > Standard Settings

Here a user can preselect a File Format, Resolution, Density and Original type to be used when sending to an E-mail or File server.
    These settings will take effect if a user walks up to the iR and selects their sending address and Start without following the steps above.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

ss4real

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    snip.
    I appreciate your reply teckat.

So is it my understanding that the address/favorite selected by the user will dictate if the scan is color or B&W?

Canon ir1023if scanning in black &amp; white only via SEND

Quote Originally Posted by ss4real View Post
    I appreciate your reply teckat.

So is it my understanding that the address/favorite selected by the user will dictate if the scan is color or B&W?
    To send in Color to an email address or file server select PDF (compact) or JPEG as the file format.

💂U can only choose PDF or JPEG for sending scan in color

ss4real

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post

��U can only choose PDF or JPEG for sending scan in color
    okay, I understand that. But once I select my destination via the favorites button the PDF (compact) & Jpeg options are no longer available.

I just got color to work by setting up a duplicate favorite but set the default to PDF (compact) and it scanned in color. So in other words, the favorite I select is dictating if the scan is to be black or color regardless of me selecting EMAIL: COLOR.

Previously I was able to select the destination and then choose black or color like you previously described. This is not an available option sense I have reset the machine.

When you select the SEND button on the control panel, you will get only the following options:

Fax, E-Mail-B&W, E-Mail-Color, I-Fax

The SEND button does not give you the FTP and/or SMB options. FTP and SMB are only available via the Favorite Button, Coded Dial and One-Touch Speed. You can also program FAX, E-MAIL and I-FAX via these address books.

NOTE:You can also use the Remote User Interface to enter the information.

To send over SMB, configure the Name, Hostname & Username/Password fields. If you want to scan in color using the iR1023iF you must select PDF(Compact) or JPEG as your file type. Choosing PDF or TIFF will send your file in black & white.

ss4real

Got it. Thanks for the clarification and help.

Quote Originally Posted by ss4real View Post
    Got it. Thanks for the clarification and help.
    👍
    🎩
    😆