Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Auto Gradation settings greyed out.

Hi Guys,

went to an IRADV-C2220I today just for CQ, black drum was worn and getting the greyish hue on copies. Replaced the drum, went to auto gradation and everything was fine up until the START sequence. The START option was greyed out!. Thought it mite have been a paper issue, ie. set to wrong weight in paper settings, but no, all set to 80gsm. Went back to try and calibrate, but still greyed out at the START option. I can press FULL or QUICK adjust, select what cassette I want, but still no joy when it actually comes to Auto Gradation. Any ideas? This machine has ULM installed and I did log on as Administrator.

tks Munstertech

Re: Auto Gradation settings greyed out.

Where you able to make copies after replacing the drum ?

If the printer is warming up, or lifting the tray, you get a grayed-out Aut.grad. too...
    Simply said, it means the printer is not ready to make a copy (jet...)

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

yes, i can make colour copies, i can do everything on the machine, i can do everything as an Administrator, all the paper weight settings etc are all fine but I cant do an auto gradation or a mis match colour adjustment, all greyed out! Doesnt make sense to me at all

Quote Originally Posted by MunsterTech View Post
    yes, i can make colour copies, i can do everything on the machine, i can do everything as an Administrator, all the paper weight settings etc are all fine but I cant do an auto gradation or a mis match colour adjustment, all greyed out! Doesnt make sense to me at all
    What if you go back to the original state ? Put the old Bk drum back in ? It was the last change since the problem came up...

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

It has nothing to do with the drum! The settings are greyed out as if administration rights have been changed. If I put the old drum back, I go back to CQ issues. It must be a setting

It has nothing to do with the drum! The settings are greyed out as if administration rights have been changed. If I put the old drum back, I go back to CQ issues. It must be a setting
    with respect, the thing that changed WAS the drum. therfore putting the old drum in as a fault finding excersie is the correct thing to do and could be the cause of your problem, more so if the chip on the new drum is faulty.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

As I said, it has nothing to do with the drum, I didnt go to the settings to check to see if the it would allow me to auto gradate before replacing the drum, why would I check that setting before replacing a drum? I dont belive the chip on the drum would stop me doing an auto gradation if its letting me do colour copies.

As I said, it has nothing to do with the drum, I didnt go to the settings to check to see if the it would allow me to auto gradate before replacing the drum, why would I check that setting before replacing a drum? I dont belive the chip on the drum would stop me doing an auto gradation if its letting me do colour copies.
    You don't need to login to do a grad.adjust. It`s something a user can do (even should do monthly, according to Canon, when i did the 2020 training).

It could be it has nothing to do with the drum, and the prob. already existed. But then only way to be sure is (just to test) to put back the old drum.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I understand that Auto gradation is a user setting, however, because it has ULM, i was thinking that it could have been a setting that has been taken off all users, so only a power user/administrator could do the auto gradation. I am not putting the bk drum back in as that means 1 going back to the customer whose machine is working fine. 2. putting a U/S drum which is leaking back into the machine. 3 driving an hour to attempt something when there is no need. I am in Canons HQ in the UK next week, I will ask somebody there.

I understand that Auto gradation is a user setting, however, because it has ULM, i was thinking that it could have been a setting that has been taken off all users, so only a power user/administrator could do the auto gradation. I am not putting the bk drum back in as that means 1 going back to the customer whose machine is working fine. 2. putting a U/S drum which is leaking back into the machine. 3 driving an hour to attempt something when there is no need. I am in Canons HQ in the UK next week, I will ask somebody there.
    I'm sorry, I'm only trying to help....