Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Load Paper

Load Paper

I have another C6000VP that every time i submit a job to the printer it forces me to select the paper tray even if it has the paper in the tray and programed for the correct size and weight. it doens't matter if it is 12 X 18 thick three or standard letter plain. Does anyone know of a setting that could be turned off to let it go without selecting every time i submit a job. Once it is selected the first time it will pull from all of the trays that have that weight and size. It seems like a interpretation on the machine side from the job submission, it is not the server because I switched it between C6000VP's and it only does it on this printer. Any help would be appreciated. This is more annoying than anything. thanks Mark

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Load Paper

Re: Load Paper

Quote Originally Posted by markdmt View Post
    I have another C6000VP that every time i submit a job to the printer it forces me to select the paper tray even if it has the paper in the tray and programed for the correct size and weight. it doens't matter if it is 12 X 18 thick three or standard letter plain. Does anyone know of a setting that could be turned off to let it go without selecting every time i submit a job. Once it is selected the first time it will pull from all of the trays that have that weight and size. It seems like a interpretation on the machine side from the job submission, it is not the server because I switched it between C6000VP's and it only does it on this printer. Any help would be appreciated. This is more annoying than anything. thanks Mark

*******?
    Is this from all apps u use for printing_?
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Senior Tech 100+ Posts niyaskarimba's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    *******?
    Is this from all apps u use for printing_?
    Please press additional function- printer setting - settings - paper feed -paper size over ride to ON

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Load Paper

To me, it seems like the driver is defaulted to a specific tray or size. I would select "Any" or a more commonly used size.

Are you using a Fiery or other print controller? In my experience with such controllers, the paper has to be the exact same specifications: type, weight, color, whatever ... or it will ask you to load paper. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=