Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    irc2880 close front cover

This is the 2nd copier I've come across this on, both IRC2880 models. It says Close right door, so I open and close it, then it says Close front cover, so I close it, then back to Close Right Door , then Close Front Cover and so on and so on. The first one was at a warehouse picking out some equipment and I just gave up on it, but now I have a customer calling with this issue so thought I'd check to see if anyone knows what I might have missed.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts niyaskarimba's Avatar

Post Re: irc2880 close front cover

Quote Originally Posted by repeatcopiers View Post
    This is the 2nd copier I've come across this on, both IRC2880 models. It says Close right door, so I open and close it, then it says Close front cover, so I close it, then back to Close Right Door , then Close Front Cover and so on and so on. The first one was at a warehouse picking out some equipment and I just gave up on it, but now I have a customer calling with this issue so thought I'd check to see if anyone knows what I might have missed.
    Hi,
    In the front door right most side there is a metal that is closing one switch and sensor,so just remove that metal thing by removing 2 self screws and put some paper piece and but back the screw it will be okay.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: irc2880 close front cover

My money is on power supply. I know it doesn't make sense but I had a different model canon doing this and it was the power supply

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by niyaskarimba View Post
    Hi,
    In the front door right most side there is a metal that is closing one switch and sensor,so just remove that metal thing by removing 2 self screws and put some paper piece and but back the screw it will be okay.
    Correct.

Due to the warp of the front door, the interlock SW [1] on the front door is pushed in insufficiently. As a result, the indication, "Close the front cover.", may not be cleared.

door.JPG

I would ignore messages about the right door until you have some spacers under the metal plate in the front door.
    When you think you have made a procedure idiot proof your company employs a better idiot.

That is an interlocking switch assembly for the front and right door. Switch is behind the fan when you open the front door. Just get to the plate that the switch is mounted on and you should be able to form it back to the correct position. Plate just gets pushed back or down over time.