Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Canon image RUNNER Advance 2020i

I have a machine Canon iRAdv2020i and requesting a black toner i changed the toner and still saying please replace black toner. i dismantled cleaned everything and re assemble again machine is still asking please replace toner black.I know there was a service bulletin regards to the black but this is when it gives you an error E020-0x60 but i have no error codes coming upany advise please???

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: Canon image RUNNER Advance 2020i

Quote Originally Posted by lawdar73 View Post
    I have a machine Canon iRAdv2020i and requesting a black toner i changed the toner and still saying please replace black toner. i dismantled cleaned everything and re assemble again machine is still asking please replace toner black.I know there was a service bulletin regards to the black but this is when it gives you an error E020-0x60 but i have no error codes coming upany advise please???

Canon OEM Toner

COPIER > Display > DENS > DENS-K = what is reading ??

COPIER > FUNCTION > INSTALL > SPLY-H-K
    [START] is displayed in the blank field instantaneously, and [OK] is then displayed.

Open/Close the front door and insert the door switch tool into the door detection switch.
    *The copier immediately starts supplying toner to the buffer.
    *The toner supply operation is completed within 40 seconds.
    (During this period of time, check to see if the toner bottle rotates intermittently. If the toner bottle
    does not rotate, suspect another problem is occurring.)
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    Canon OEM Toner

[START] is displayed in the blank field instantaneously, and [OK] is then displayed.

Open/Close the front door and insert the door switch tool into the door detection switch.
    (During this period of time, check to see if the toner bottle rotates intermittently. If the toner bottle
    Hi thanks for your reply, I will try to do so tomorrow and will let you know the out come The TONER IS OEM yes

Canon OEM Toner

Hi,

I checked everything as said the Dens -K -2.00% did all the procedure but the problem is that the toner bottle is not turning.the problrm is that the screen is saying Insert toner cartridge and it changes to replace toner cartridge, could it be the sensor that detects there is the cartridge inside or not? and that is why it not turning???

thanks
    Lawrence

Hi,

I checked everything as said the Dens -K -2.00% did all the procedure but the problem is that the toner bottle is not turning.the problrm is that the screen is saying Insert toner cartridge and it changes to replace toner cartridge, could it be the sensor that detects there is the cartridge inside or not? and that is why it not turning???

thanks
    Lawrence

================================================== ====================

Toner Cap Opening
    A cap of the Toner Container is opened/closed in conjunction with opening and closing the
    Toner Container Cover.

Toner Container Detection

Presence/absence of the Toner Container is detected.
    There are the Toner Container Switches (SW8 to 11) as shown in the figure below and they
    are pressed when the Toner Container is set so that presence of the Toner Container is detected.

toner switch.jpg

================================================== ====================Toner Cap OpeningA cap of the Toner Container is opened/closed in conjunction with opening and closing theToner Container Cover.Toner Container DetectionPresence/absence of the Toner Container is detected.There are the Toner Container Switches (SW8 to 11) as shown in the figure below and theyare pressed when the Toner Container is set so that presence of the Toner Container is detected.toner switch.jpg
    Hi again, sorry i did not answer earlier but i was so busy, regards to this problem it is now solved i dismantled the container where the black toner is and the detection leaver was jammed cleaned the switch with alcohol re assembled and worked ok thanks for your help my friend

Hi again, sorry i did not answer earlier but i was so busy, regards to this problem it is now solved i dismantled the container where the black toner is and the detection leaver was jammed cleaned the switch with alcohol re assembled and worked ok thanks for your help my friend

:-) welcome, have great day 😎