Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    E674-0008 irc2880

E674-0008 irc2880

I have a C2880 that I am adding a fax to. It is giving me E674-0008, I know the fax is good because I put it on another copier and it works fine. I have double checked my connections. Any ideas?

Field Engineer 100+ Posts fchu5959's Avatar

Re: E674-0008 irc2880

Quote Originally Posted by repeatcopiers View Post
    I have a C2880 that I am adding a fax to. It is giving me E674-0008, I know the fax is good because I put it on another copier and it works fine. I have double checked my connections. Any ideas?
    Hi,

There is a mismatch between the fax firmware and the copier firmware.Just upgrade the copier with the latest firmware.

Check the firmware version on the copier where the fax works well; it will surely be different from the copier that gives you the error code.

rgds

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    E674-0008 irc2880

Re: E674-0008 irc2880

Quote Originally Posted by repeatcopiers View Post
    ================================================== ==============================================
    Try Re-fitting the cable between the fax and Main Controller and the power connector .
    It is easy for this connector to be partially inserted on either side, ensure it is fully inserted.

OLD NOTE:

C3380 and C2880 series use the W1 Fax Board
    and the C3480, C3080 and C2550 series use the W2 Fax Board

For a W2 to work in your series model>

PLEASE NOTE: The W1 fax board is no longer available.
    If you order the W1, you will receive the W2.

*In this case, please check the firmware on the copier.

*If the version is below 75.xx, you will have to bring the level up to version 75.xx or higher./ as fchu5959 reply noted

Also perform the following steps.

============================================
    In general, this error can occur when there is a problem with the 40-pin yellow data cable. Most of the fax kits you encounter will have at last 4 connectors, similar to the photo below. In some cases, one or more of these connectors will be located at the top, bottom, or side of the kit.
    Ensure that all of connectors are plugged in correctly on the kit-side as well as on the imagerunner side.
    Re-seat both ends of all four cables, where feasible. Also, be prepared to replace the 40-pin yellow data cable.

This photo is used as an example only.

**Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**